Asolo Power Matic 400 GV

Awesome boots!!! I bought a pair of these to replace…

Materials: Leather and Gore-Tex
Use: Rough trail and heavy pack
Break-in Period: A little long

Awesome boots!!! I bought a pair of these to replace my favorite Merrell boots. I was used to lighter boots but started getting sore heel bones with a 47 pound pack. These boots require a longer break in period and you should wear a good quality liner sock and mid to heavy hiking sock.

I just completed a hike from Front Royal, Va. to the Pennsylvania border in 5 days (100 miles) and had two small blisters that caused no issues. One was on the heel and one on the toe. These boots are fantastic!!!! I had no other discomfort at all!!!!!! Great support in the rocks, too! If you need to haul a big pack these are the boots to do it... I really like the one pull lacing with the pulley system.

This is a top quality crafted boot with great balance,…

Materials: Leather, gTex, Vibram
Use: hiking, packing
Break-in Period: 10-20 miles
Price Paid: $189.50 US

This is a top quality crafted boot with great balance, so they don't feel heavy at all. You can run in these babies. 45lb pack, no problem. The toe is shipped with a bit of curl. They make you want to walk forward, with a rolling action. This is nice.

Wearing them with Smartwool (med thick) I experienced no parts of the heel or tongue pressing on my foot. I broke them in with a 9 mile hike through root infested muddy creek crossings and hard packed terrain. At 95 degrees in the sun with Smartwool my feet were not sweaty. Thank you Gore-tex.

The Vibram outsole is very rugged and forgiving to small sharp rocks. Although I don't recommend them for creek hopping as they will slip on slimey or mossy rocks.

I would give them 5 but I had to purchase Superfeet and Montrail five irons for the volume fit. This raised the price to $230 US. They don't have the built-in arch support from my previous packers (Garmont Vegan) and they weigh a tiny bit more. Though I have a narrow foot and the Garmont has a more narrow fit and smaller toe box (European style).

All this was fixed with the previous upgrade. And the Superfeet inserts will most likely help me in ways I will never know.

Asolo Men's Power Matic 400 GV

The Men's Power Matic 400 GV has been discontinued.

The Asolo Men's Power Matic 400 GV is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 15, 2011 at Sierra Trading Post.