Asolo Reston WP

I really want to like this boot. I went out on a limb…

Summary

I really want to like this boot.

Pros

• Fit
  • Waterproof (taking their word for it)

Cons

• Manufacturing defect?
  • Sole

I went out on a limb and ordered these online, since no store within striking distance carried them. On paper they looked great — a full pound lighter than my current Asolos, while still waterproof and supportive.

I tried them out and walked around clean sidewalks. The fit of the boot felt great, just perfect. They hugged my feet and ankles snugly in all the right ways, and felt flexible but still supportive. I was also impressed with their light weight.

Unfortunately, I also noticed immediately that the liner was hanging loosely off of the inside of the boot right over my toes. It caught on my big toe with every step and yanked it upward. Obviously not OK. I have to wonder if this is a manufacturing defect. I can't imagine it was designed this way.

Also, the sole and especially the heel felt tall, narrow and wobbly to me. It felt awkward on a level surface. Maybe this somehow becomes a good thing on the trail, but I doubt it. I would've liked to have tried them in the dirt, but I had to be able to return them and the saggy liner alone was reason enough.

I really wanted these boots to work for me. Like I said the way they fit felt amazing — Asolo seems to be on to something with their "Natural Shape fit." If the liner was properly attached and the sole was more my style (I like more edging) then I would be in love with these boots and I would've kept them.

Asolo's Reston WP features a new outsole developed with Vibram. The low lateral profile reflects the new Natural Shape fit which offers support and improves foot control on the sides and back. The slots in the medial part provide comfort and smooth rolling. Ideal for light hiking and day trips.

- CampSaver.com

Hike to your favorite destination in the comfortable and supportive Asolo Reston WP hiking boots. They're a great choice for day hikes and multi-day adventures.

As a 2013 Backpacking Magazine ''Editor's Choice'' winner, the Asolo Reston WP hiking boot, won acclaim because of its Natural Shape fit. This concept focuses on the main points of impact, of the foot with the ground, during take-off and landing. This year the Reston WP has a new Asolo outsole developed in conjunction with Vibram which improves traction on slippery ground. Natural Shape Asoflex TPU plate supports the foot, while allowing smooth rolling/flex at the forefoot EVA midsole for lightweight support and cushion Water-resistant suede and polyester upper for support, abrasion resistance, and breathability Waterproof lining Natural Shape anatomic footbed adds cushion and support for added comfort Asolo/Vibram outsole for improved traction Made in Europe

- OMCgear

Free Shipping. Asolo Men's Reston WP Boot FEATURES of the Asolo Men's Reston Waterproof Boot Upper: Water-resistant suede mm 1,6-1,8 + polyester Lining: Waterproof Anatomic Footbed: Natural Shape Sole: Asolo/Vibram Natural Shape (rubber-eva) Fit: MM Weight: 1/2 pair: 445 grams

New! Asolo's Reston is designed to mirror the "Natural Shape" of the foot. This waterproof boot offers performance comfort, gradual and controlled flexibility, and a supportive, ergonomic fit that's intended for light hiking.

- EMS