I got this used pair through ebay. The seller was…

Materials: FullGrain leather with Vibram Montagna Block
Use: rocky trails with moderate weight backpack
Break-in Period: one year
Price Paid: 175

I got this used pair through ebay. The seller was an Alaskan and did some welt-seal for it, so I reckon the boots must have been really essential (waterproof wise).

Didn't tie them tight and walked them around until I feel there wasn't much pressure on the side of pinky toe. I have a rather funky left pinky toe that always numb even after several wearings.

I wanted to break them in quick so I can use them to Mount Kinabalu trip in Borneo. It's a routine to wear them to work (I'm an engineer in a heavy duty environment). Surprisingly, Asolo didn't mention about the solid toe on this pair and it really makes me think they are steel toed. Anyone mind to correct me?

During the trip, I put on extra socks for cushioning and blister prevention. I was undergoing some serious soul break-in when the boots hold both my feet like a anaconda. The yellow laces became loose once a while but the best thing is when you kick on the rocks, you feel nothing plus the tough Montagna Block secured your steps every time; the gusseted tongue and height of boots prevent twisting your ankle. If i can get a longer laces in kevlar, this pair is going to last me a long time.