Asolo Synchro GTX

My pet peeve is reading someone's negative review…

My pet peeve is reading someone's negative review of a product only to find out that they didn't buy the correct product to begin with. This is not a winter boot, although if you buy it 1/2 size bigger and wear winter socks with liners and stay reasonably active these boots will get you through some cold days.

This is my 5th pair of Asolo boots. After 40+ years of owning various brands of backpacking boots by nearly every manufacturer. I now stick with Asolo. The quality is unsurpassed and the fit is always consistent.

The problem for Asolo, though, is that their boots typicallly last a long time and I just bought this pair because I just wanted a new pair of hiking boots. My FSN 99 GTX's are sill going strong after 7 years!  I've worn out a pair of Merrill's in less than 1 year.

Ben Cerise

Just bought these for my 12 year old kid. Thanks for your review.

soleful2001

My asolo 95 boots were way better than my merrel phaser peak.

Very comfortable light boot for high and dry conditions.

Very comfortable light boot for high and dry conditions. The GTX will not save you from cold, wet feet in Sierra snow. The outside rand started to blow fairly early. Not impressed, which is too bad because I like Asolo, or did.