Asolo TPS 535 V

Love this boot. Very sturdy, comfortable and waterproof…

Love this boot. Very sturdy, comfortable and waterproof with a smooth lacing system. Grips like a gorilla to rock, mud and roots.

This boot has clearly been engineered to perform as a solid and durable hiking/tramping boot, and that's where it excels. I found them very easy to wear with virtually no break-in time. I took them on a wet overnight trip and came out with zero blisters or rubbing of any kind.

Most impressed. Highly recommended.

The Asolo TPS 520 GV boots fit like a glove and were…

The Asolo TPS 520 GV boots fit like a glove and were the most comfortable pair of boots I had ever worn right out of the box.  I could not wait to get them on a trail with four days worth of gear in my pack. So, I took a 9 hour drive to World’s End State Park to hike part of the loyal sock trail.

The boots made my 38 pound pack feel lighter and off I went into the trail. The problem began to show when I met the first challenge of navigating some rocks along a stream.  I slipped several times on rocks that were not even wet, but moss covered. I thought it strange, but figured it was me just getting going with a pair of boots needing some break in time.

But, once the rain began the problem became obvious and it was not me or anything that break in time could fix. I fell twice on flat rocks with my feet just flying out from under me as if I were on a ice covered lake!

I cut my first day goal short and set up camp to wait out the rain.  The next day it was still very wet and after two more close calls along more dangerous terrain I decided to give up the hike and came home two days early.

The bright side of this story comes from the service I got from Oregon Mountain   I spoke to a supervisor named Robert and he agreed to take back the Asolo boots and replaced them with a pair of Scarpa SL M3's. I would and will do business with Oregon Mountain again.  Although, I was sad to send the good fitting Asolo's back, I could not have boots that gave me no confidence on the trail.

I think the problem is with the shock absorbing piston like device that is made out of a hard (slippery) material, but that is just a guess.  I do hope Asolo can fix this problem while keeping the great fit and function.

Great boot. It took no time at all to break in. It…

Materials: leather, gore-tex liningh
Use: Rough trail with a heavy pack
Break-in Period: a couple day hikes
Weight: about 2 lbs

Great boot. It took no time at all to break in. It is durable, and has great ankle support. I feel invincible in these things. They are a bit on the heavy side, but I wouldn't give up the weight for the support, durability and comfort these boots give me. They are too heavy for a day hike. Overall very nice!

Visit Asolo's Men's TPS 535 V page.

THe Asolo TPS 535 V boot has an outsole that incorporates three shock absorbers that correspond with the areas of the foot that receive highest impact during activity. Gripped with a molded rubber outsole produced in conjunction with Vibram, the balance of the outsole has self-cleaning lugs designed for optimum performance on varying types of terrain.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

The Asolo TPS 535 V embodies comfort, durability, and support in a traditional all-leather hiking boot. Asolo, known for their combination of craftsmanship and innovation in partnership with Vibram created the TPS sole, which incorporates three shock absorbers that correspond with the areas of the foot that receive highest impact during activity. One piece, full grain leather upper. Can be waxed for improved weather resistance, but still comfortable on hot days Vibram Triple Power Structure (TPS) sole provides cushion and durability Dual density midsole provides stability on uneven terrain

- OMCgear refers to the men's version

A dozen or so miles of rugged, roadless wilderness can't be safely traveled with just any shoe. The sturdy leather Asolo TPS 535 V Backpacking Boot provides a grippy, stable platform for hauling a heavy pack deep into your own private patch of earth. The tall collar reduces ankle rolls while descending into lush, waterfall-riddled valleys, and its rigid arch stabilizes your steps during rocky mountain traverses.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Thanks to Asolo's innovative Triple Power Structure technology, these backpacking boots deliver superb stability, shock absorption and comfort. Three separate cyclinders in the outsoles absorb shock for a dynamic walking experience. One-piece full grain leather uppers break in easily and are abrasion- and water-resistant. Cambrelle(R) nylon linings help keep feet cool. Foam footbeds and padded ankle collars enhance cushioning. Midsoles feature high-density and low-density polyurethane layers for increased comfort. Vibram(R) rubber outsoles offer excellent all-terrain traction.

- REI refers to the men's version