Atlas BC24

I've owned and used a pair of BC24 Atlas Snowshoes…

Price Paid: 29,800 yen

I've owned and used a pair of BC24 Atlas Snowshoes for about 4 seasons. I've been pretty rough in how I've been using them, yet the BC24 snowshoes are still in great condition.

I mostly use them for ascending mountains in deep powder conditions. No complaints from me.

I bought these in 08' and loved them. The bindings…

Price Paid: $200?

I bought these in 08' and loved them. The bindings are so simple and fast to use. The shoes pack flat. I only used them on two short hikes maybe 4 hrs total.

Now it's winter 09/10 we just got our first snow and I strapped them on to find the strap broke off in my hand. Looking over the shoe I see all the straps are cracked and stressed were they bent over for my adjustment notch. Even the part the straps is attached to has some cracks.

They were stored well and used in the Catskills, NY. Maybe 10-25 deg weather.

It seems the summit straps are not stable. They are great when new but one year is unacceptable...actually I would say less than ten years is unacceptable. We need to stop being such a throw away culture.

I'm so sorry I bought them. Made in China. If I can't find a quality shoe, I will get wood ones.

Get suspended - and be happy about it - in Atlas Snowshoe's BC24. Spring-loaded suspension allows for unmatched control and comfort with natural foot articulation. The variable geometry cares an extremely responsive, stiff chassis that is worth getting written up for.

- Mountain Gear

CLOSEOUTS . Designed with backcountry enthusiasts in mind, Atlas Snowshoes' BC24 snowshoes offer superb flotation, comfort and efficiency in a lightweight package. High-performance features like the Spring-Loaded Suspension, ReactiV frame and Holey-1 toe crampon provide confident grip and stride on a variety of rugged terrain. Spring-Loaded Suspension (SLS) keeps the snowshoe close underfoot for easy maneuvering and suspends your foot so it can move freely with its intended articulation 7075 aluminum ReactiV frame changes from a cylindrical to an elliptical shape to increase strength where the frame bears the greatest loads Advanced Aft Traction offers a sure grip thanks to the sharp ice tips on the heel cleat and four angled, ridged side rails for superior all-mountain traction Heal Lift bar eases fatigue and ties directly into Advanced Aft Traction for grip Duratek decking is lightweight and strong Summit binding uses waterproof urethane straps to stay dry and light Holey-1 toe crampon uses shovel-shaped stainless steel prongs for better hold and sharp ice tips for superior bite on frozen slopes Dimensions (LxW): 24x8-3_4" Weight c apacity: 100-200+ lb. Weight: 4 lb. 2 oz. pr. Material: 7075 aluminum frame with hypalon(R) synthetic rubber decking, stainless steel crampons and urethane binding straps Made in China Visit our Snowshoes Buying Guide Available Colors: CANYON.

- Sierra Trading Post

Packability is king for mountaineers, ice climbers and backcountry snowboarders, and the BC24 is specially designed to provide efficient flotation in a lightweight, compact package. Shortened to 24" to fit on a pack better, They kept the surface area high with a slightly wider frame. To pack flat for easy stowing, the BC24 uses a shallower nose angle and the Summit binding, whose urethane straps unbuckle and collapse flat, as well as accommodate snowboard boots. But how does it climb? The Holey-1 Toe Crampon and Advanced Aft Traction provide the sure-footed grip on any terrain, and the climbing bar reduces calf fatigue on steep slopes. With Atlas patented Spring-Loaded Suspension and the responsiveness and strength of the 7075 aluminum ReactiV frame, the BC24 is superbly maneuverable on any adventure after deep powder, steep ice or winter summits.

- SunnySports

Backcountry snowshoes that are compact, easily stowable, provide great flotation and traction

- Rocky Mountain Trail

Atlas designed the BC24 snowshoe for folks who are serious about the backcountry. The BC24 is shorter and has a shallower nose angle than standard Atlas snowshoes to make it easier to pack. The BC24 is also wider for greater flotation. The Summit binding uses urethane straps that unbuckle and collapse flat, as well as accommodate snowboard boots. traction is taken care of by the Holey-1 lightweight crampon with Advanced Aft with a retractable climbing bar, and uneven terrain is a breeze with Atlas' Spring-Loaded suspension system.

Atlas BC24

The BC24 has been discontinued.

The Atlas BC24 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 21, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new backcountry snowshoe, check out the best reviewed current models.