Atlas BC24

I've owned and used a pair of BC24 Atlas Snowshoes…

Price Paid: 29,800 yen

I've owned and used a pair of BC24 Atlas Snowshoes for about 4 seasons. I've been pretty rough in how I've been using them, yet the BC24 snowshoes are still in great condition.

I mostly use them for ascending mountains in deep powder conditions. No complaints from me.

I bought these in 08' and loved them. The bindings…

Price Paid: $200?

I bought these in 08' and loved them. The bindings are so simple and fast to use. The shoes pack flat. I only used them on two short hikes maybe 4 hrs total.

Now it's winter 09/10 we just got our first snow and I strapped them on to find the strap broke off in my hand. Looking over the shoe I see all the straps are cracked and stressed were they bent over for my adjustment notch. Even the part the straps is attached to has some cracks.

They were stored well and used in the Catskills, NY. Maybe 10-25 deg weather.

It seems the summit straps are not stable. They are great when new but one year is unacceptable...actually I would say less than ten years is unacceptable. We need to stop being such a throw away culture.

I'm so sorry I bought them. Made in China. If I can't find a quality shoe, I will get wood ones.

Atlas BC24

The BC24 has been discontinued.

The Atlas BC24 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 21, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new backcountry snowshoe, check out the best reviewed current models.