Atlas Elektra 10 Series

I was really disappointed in these shoes unfortunately...

I was really disappointed in these shoes unfortunately... The problem I encountered was that with every step I took, the shoes would fling snow down my back, down my neck and even over my head! By the time I finished my 1 hour trek my entire back was covered.

Also, the suspension system (which in theory is a great idea) would snap the snowshoes on my foot which made walking on trail awkward. I weight 130lbs and I heard this was a typical problem for lighter people using these shoes.

My brother has the male version and loves them. He doesn't have that problem, his only fling snow up to his knees and the suspension helps heavier people walk.

The binding are great however, easy to use and your foot is very comfortable and secure but despite this I took my pair back to the store and got a different brand and I'm very, very happy with my decision.

After many years of poor snow conditions for cross…

After many years of poor snow conditions for cross country skiing in our area, three years ago I bought two pairs of these snowshoes - the 1025 for me and the 1030 for my husband. They rank as one of the best purchases I've ever made. We have used these snowshoes many times each winter. My husband and I just returned from a week long vacation in NE Minnesota where we used our Atlas Elektra 10 series snowshoes to:

- cross frozen Chequamegon Bay at night (Book Across the Bay event)
- hike through woodlands on the Superior Hiking Trail
- explore on and alongside the spectacular Cascade River
- take breaks while skiing yurt-to-yurt

These snowshoes have expanded our getting into the outdoors during a season when some folks are sitting indoors and hoping for "better weather." I highly recommend them.

Visit Atlas's Elektra 10 Series page.

Atlas made the Women's Elektra 10 Series Snowshoe to make your winter hiking experience easy, comfortable, and more fun than you thought possible. Between its lightweight frame, plush bindings, and grippy crampon and rails, this binding will tempt you powerfully to stay out all day.

Free Shipping. Atlas Women's Elektra 10 Series Snowshoe FEATURES of the Atlas Women's Elektra 10 Series Snowshoe Spring-Loaded Suspension: An Atlas tenet from the beginning, Atlas' patented Spring-Loaded Suspension (SLS) keeps the snowshoe close underfoot for easy maneuvering and suspends your foot so it can move freely with its intended articulation, absorbing impact, flexing naturally side-to-side, and allowing deeper crampon penetration into the sloped Wrap Family Bindings: The mainstay of our Mountain Hiking snowshoes, the Wrap Pro, Wrap Plus, and new Wrap Swift bindings offer a range of customization and features, all built around a platform of gender-specific lasts, exceptional arch support and one-pull Uniloop design for superior performance and fit V-Frames: A proprietary Atlas shape, our sturdy aluminum V-Frames track straight in deep snow, and the tapered tail pulls less snow as you step forward, saving your energy. The turned-up tail of the V-frame rolls easily into each step for a natural gait Heel Lift Bar Nytex Decking Tempered Steel All-Trac Toe Crampon Tempered Steel Traverse Trac Rails The SPECS of 23in. Length: 23in. / 58 cm Surface Area: 145 square inches / 0.94 square meter Weight: 4.19 lbs / 1.90 kg Load: 80 - 160 lbs / 36 - 73 kg The SPECS of 27in. Length: 27in. / 69 cm Surface Area: 176 square inches / 1.14 square meter Weight: 4.41 lbs / 2 kg Load: 120 - 200 lbs / 54 - 91 kg

The new Elektra 10 Series snowshoes feature the new women's WrappA AA Comfort binding for the ultimate in comfort and ease of use. Building on Atlas' renowned fit platform, the WrappA AA Comfort offers easy entry with positive toe location and eliminates pressure points with insulating EVA padding. A single pull on the binding handle snugs the Uniloop strap around instep, toe and heel, and you'll be ready to go with the classic Atlas maneuverability provided by Spring-LoadedA AA Suspension. The tempered steel All-TracA AA toe crampon and Traverse TracA AA rails add sidehill control and confident strides. With dedicated women's geometry on the proprietary Elektra 6061 aluminum V-Frame, you'll feel content hiking all day long.

- Mountains Plus

Stride confidently in the women's Atlas Elektra 1023 snowshoes--gender-specific articulation, aggressive traction and fatique-reducing features make these a great choice for day hiking.