Atlas Elektra 11 Series

Bought these a few years ago now, have used them almost…

Price Paid: ca. $100 at an after-season sale

Summary

Bought these a few years ago now, have used them almost weekly and for the most part happily during snow season ever since. I actually came on Trailspace to look at a stiffer composite upgrade.

Pros

• Great on powder, flat, and rolling terrain
  • Easy on/off

Cons

• Kick up a lot of snow
  • Not great for traversing slopes

The Elektras are lightweight and great for relatively flat terrain or for climbing straight up and down hills... not so great for traversing a slope, which stresses out my ankles when wearing these. They also do kick up a lot of snow...waterproof pants are a must with these.

Welcome to Trailspace, Rockhills! I got started on this site looking for gear. Thanks for jumping in with a review. I would love to see a picture of your snowshoes.

Welcome to Trailspace, Rockhills! I hope you can find a new pair of snowsoes you like: http://www.trailspace.com/gear/snowshoes/?gender=womens Feel free to ask questions in the forums too: http://www.trailspace.com/forums/gear-selection/

I bought these snowshoes yesterday, used them this…

I bought these snowshoes yesterday, used them this morning and returned them this afternoon. The basics of the snowshoe is fine, you know you walk through/on top of the snow but the kick up is unreal. Snow flew up and hit me in the back of the head, flew over my shoulders and landed in the path ahead of me. By the end of my trek my backside was covered. Then it all melted in the sun so I was soaked. Not so fun driving home sitting in wetness.