Atlas Frontier 36 Series

Please let me qualify my 5 star rating. The shoes…

Please let me qualify my 5 star rating. The shoes I'm reviewing are THE FIRST snowshoes I've ever had on my feet. Yes, I listened to the salesman say these are the best he's ever had on his feet. I took the line, hook, sinker and all!

So, I strapped them on yesterday and went for a little walk. I felt very safe, comfortable, confident and like I had made a good investment. I'm going to be using them 2-3 times a week for the next few months. I felt like I could strap on my 60 lb. pack and go for it!

The binding system is awesome, even with gloves I could pinch the releases and move out of them quickly. Putting them on is a cinch once you have the heel strap in the right place. The heel strap has a very effective latching system...simple.

As for the suspension...if you experienced snowshoers have had to put up with something less than this system for years, why didn't you invent this? I describe it as very simple, effective and straight forward. Compared to other systems I tried on in the store, this is far superior.

The components of this shoe look to be of a quality that will last for a long time, take some abuse and not let you down when you're 4 miles from the nearest shelter. I will enjoy these shoes for a long time!

Now over one pound lighter per pair, the Back Country Frontier by Atlas offer increased flotation and mobility with our patented Spring-Loaded Suspension for winter travel in deep snow with heavy loads. Frontier snowshoe models have the ultimate traction package for control on any terrain.Atlas has the only true suspension system for snowshoes giving you the freedom to move naturally through your stride. Length: 36 in. Surface Area: 286 in. Weight (pair): 5.00 lbs. Load: 220 - 300 lbs

New for winter 05/06; Atlas has upgraded the frame material on the 36 Series Snowshoes; making the

- Snow Leopard Mountain Sports

Atlas Frontier 36 Series

The Frontier 36 Series has been discontinued.

The Atlas Frontier 36 Series is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 14, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new backcountry snowshoe, check out the best reviewed current models.