Lovely skis! Really like them!! Sadly I need to buy…

Summary

Lovely skis! Really like them!! Sadly I need to buy new skis this year, but will definitely buy Atomic skis!

Pros

• Strong
  • Able to "float"
  • Beautifully made

I love skiing.

I was using these as my touring ski for a while. They…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

I was using these as my touring ski for a while. They would have been cool 6 years ago, but now they are just kind of... lame.

Pros

• Kind of light
  • Cheap

Cons

• Floppy
  • Dead
  • Short sidecut
  • Not enough rocker
  • Not stiff enough

Don't get me wrong.. they are very easy to ski. If this is going to be your first powder ski, you will probably love them. If you weigh under 150 lbs you will probably love them. If you don't ski very fast, you will probably love them. If you will only be using them to jump on, you might like them. If you are only ever going to use them in deep powder..I guess they'd be fun, but you should get a fatter ski if that is the case.

They aren't very stiff (they are quite soft) and they have a very short sidecut. They are fun to jump on. They actually kind of feel like a fat park ski. Hitting backcountry jumps on them is actually very fun. Also, they turn well on groomers.

The powder rocker really adds a lot of float in powder, but they get deflected easily and want to flop around. The tip is especially floppy and soft.

Atomic should make these 25% stiffer, and add a bit of taper to the tip. Then they would get 5 stars! Right now, they could use some big improvements.

Atomic Blog

The Atomic Blog is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 15, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new alpine touring/telemark ski, check out the best reviewed current models.

Congratulations, Sheila, Winner of a Year's Worth of Nikwax