Atomic Sierra

A sharp looking good gliding Nordic/backcountry touring…

Summary

A sharp looking good gliding Nordic/backcountry touring ski that can turn! Lightweight very fun ski for backcountry touring adventures.

Pros

• lightweight but durable
  • good glide
  • great turning for what it is.

Cons

• none I've found so far

Originally bought these by accident when I confused them with the larger Rainiers. I ended up having to use these when my other skis were not prepped. I was worried they would not work out as God in the tea is we use to get to more backcountry terrain.

I was pleasantly surprised to find these not only had great glide similiar to my narrower backcountry skis. In spite of the 69. Shovel it fit in the track pretty well. It climbed the 2200 foot elevation pretty well. Its strong suit was on the downhill when I was surprised by a sharp bend and had to really put it to the skis. They turned so quickly they nearly surprised me. My skiing partner was so impressed that he now wants a pair for himself.

Atomic Sierra

The Atomic Sierra is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new nordic touring ski, check out the best reviewed current models.