Backcountry.com Titanium Cookset - 1650ml

This is a great sized set, because I like to cook…

This is a great sized set, because I like to cook real meals on trips and this will accommodate 1-2 people without being bulky.

It is ridiculously lightweight, of course, being Ti (6.5oz total), but is large enough to hold a 225g fuel canister, and my soon to purchase Primus Alpine Titanium Stove (when I find one used). It will also hold some filler food packets. Protective case included is a nice touch.

I tested the set's abilities at home with my Primus ETA power EF stove (minus windscreen, of course) and it performs well, with no real hot spot or easy burn through in my initial test run. It is just under 6" in diameter, which I think is a better shape for cooking real meals than the taller types. For a cup I just take my Orikaso Foldable.

My only gripe is the the fold up handle on the frying pan doesn't always fold up so evenly. I will try lubin' it a little to see if that solves the issue. A great value on a Ti cookset.

The lightweight, non-stick Backcountry.com 1650ml Titanium Cookset begins and ends your day where it countsAAAwith a well cooked meal. Pack this ultra-light titanium cookset for anything from a casual overnighter to a weeklong expedition and save your energy for fun at the end of the trail. The 3-centimeter deep pan doubles as a lid or a sauce pan, and the 1300-mililiter pot boils enough water for dinner, or a dayAAAs worth of hydration. Heat-resistant handles fend for your digits, and the easy-pack system plays nice with the rest of the gear in your pack.

Backcountry.com Titanium Cookset - 1650ml

The Titanium Cookset - 1650ml has been discontinued.

The Backcountry.com Titanium Cookset - 1650ml is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 27, 2012 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new pot/pan, check out the best reviewed current models.