Backpacker's Pantry Huevos Rancheros

Freeze dried vomit. I tried this out when I camping…

Summary

Freeze dried vomit.

Pros

Cons

• Disgusting

I tried this out when I camping recently.

So glad I had a little extra food hanging around after trying to eat this.

It was way too salty, it was grainy. Usually with Backcountry Pantry I find that you need to avoid putting the recommended amount of water or they end up too soupy. So I put not quite enough it. It tasted awful. Extremely salty, horrendously grainy and sweet. It tasted much like bile. It was dreadful. More water didn't help.

With gorillas I can imagine this being more palatable, but this was awful. I would strongly advise against it.

G00SE

LOL! I'll make sure to avoid it!

David Drake

I'm with you… every Backpackers Pantry product I've tried has completely disappointed me, in more ways than one!

Tried this on a recent backpacking trip with mixed…

Tried this on a recent backpacking trip with mixed results.

Prep is a pain for those of us who don't like fussing with food and requires that you scramble the rehydrated contents in you pot or pan -- which may test your ability to find a simmer setting on your Pocket Rocket.

Looks a bit mushy when you're cooking it and it definitely benefits from rolling it into a tortilla.

It actually has pretty good flavor, but it's nothing like Huevos and has more the flavor and consistency of taco meat. I'd probably give it 5 stars if it was repackaged as taco filling.

If you've owned or used a Backpacker's Pantry Huevos Rancheros, please share your experience.