Backpacker's Pantry Macaroni & Cheese Complete Dinner

Nice, but if you have any talent you can do as well…

Summary

Nice, but if you have any talent you can do as well for less.

Pros

• Good food value

Cons

• Expensive
  • Bulky package
  • A bit bland (needs Siracha or Tabasco, etc.)

I tried this one (though I got it on sale for about $7USD) and my appetite was sated, but even for trail food it was a bit bland. I expected that the kit might have a spice pack or something, but it did not.

Honestly, I find that buying and repacking something like a Kraft or similar Mac product with so olive oil and water to be just about as good or maybe even better for about 1/5th the price. You can get single serve apple sauces if you desire for next to nothing at the grocery store, add in a bit of hot sauce and you've made this meal four or five times for the cost of one of these packages.

I'll admit that there is the time it takes you to repackage the other items, but since I have to use a bear-can, I have to repack both ways so there is no loss for me.

This company makes so good meals (if a bit pricey and high in salt). This item is not bad at all, but for the cost to value, if I were you, I'd give this one a pass.

If you've owned or used a Backpacker's Pantry Macaroni & Cheese Complete Dinner, please share your experience.

Backpacker's Pantry Macaroni & Cheese Complete Dinner

The Backpacker's Pantry Macaroni & Cheese Complete Dinner is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 9, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new entrée, check out the best reviewed current models.

Dry Weight 23.9 oz