Baffin Arctic Boot

They have good room, light, and keep my feet very…

Price Paid: $69.95 at the Barn in Newton MA

Summary

They have good room, light, and keep my feet very warm and dry. The price is right...as I got them at the Barn in Newton, MA, for $69.95!!

Pros

• light
  • warm
  • excellent value

Cons

• have not found anything yet

These boots are what they advertise. I bought them a size larger and they have a very good fit. I do not have to wear any woolen socks to keep my feet warm. They are extremely comfortable and no need to break them in.

Comfortable, excellent cold weather protection. These…

Summary

Comfortable, excellent cold weather protection.

Pros

• Light
  • Warm
  • High (14")
  • Inexpensive

Cons

• Made in China

These are great boots when your work boots are not enough. Usually my Dunham (extinct) 8" work boots with 200g of Thinsulate work fine, even in very cold weather.

I was surprised at the lightness and level of comfort that these boots afford. They look good, too. I've only used them one winter, so I can't comment on the durability, but they look well-constructed. Baffin used to be made in Canada, but now they are made in China.

Good boots, drawstring at top does keep out snow. The lacing system snugs them up well to your ankles. Brush/stomp the tops off when you get indoors, so that it doesn't melt and drip inside. Good for winter camping. A very serious recreational winter boot.

Thanks for the review, Paul. I'd be curious to see some pictures of your boots that show how big they are.

Baffin Arctic Boot

The Baffin Arctic Boot is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 22, 2016 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new winter boot, check out the best reviewed current models.