Robust rope with good handling. After 10+ years of…

Summary

Robust rope with good handling.

Pros

• Robustness
  • Bi-pattern
  • Handling

Cons

• Its weight is noticed on long pitches

After 10+ years of usage, this rope can still take it.

I've used it only for sport climbing, occasional use. I have a 70 m bi-pattern, standard treatment Flyer 2 rope. It was used for everything, from lead climbing to top-rope, on a variety of route types.

It was many times abused against abrasive edges, occasionally got wet, and has taken a lot of dust during its lifetime. The handling of this rope was always nice, it managed to keeps its softness during entire life.

Now it's time to be retired, and if I'm looking back, I would say it's a good all around climbing rope.

Thanks for the review of your rope, darkgreen. Do you think you'll replace it with the same one?

10 years! That is an exceptionally long lifespan for a rope. I will have to look into that for my challenge course.

darkgreen

I've used it occasionally, and only for sport climbing and multi-pitch. Probably that helped its longevity.

darkgreen

Alicia, I already replace it with a different one (Edelrid). All my ropes are Beal so I thought maybe a try something else this time.

I hope the new Edelrid works out well. Let us know in a review someday, please!