Bell Canoe Seliga Tripper

Weight 44-48 pounds, depending on configuration
Length 17 feet
Max width 36 inches
Optimum load 340-650 pounds

Two years ago my three sons and I traveled to the…

Two years ago my three sons and I traveled to the BWCA for a fabulous 8-day trip. Piragis did us a great service providing us with two new ash-trimmed Seliga's.

The boats were perfect. Loaded with gear they tracked true and portaged with relative ease. They were dry through two considerable wind and rain storms and we had little difficulty with waves and weather vain affect.

I was glad for the extra free board when the severe weather hit and the slightly upturned ends are a classic and distinct design. So much so that this spring we purchased one ourselves and look forward to our return to the BWCA with our own craft.

If you have read of Joe Seliga, then his memory and legend add even further to the rich heritage of this sadly now expiring company, Bell. We have used the North Wind model (also great) and I also own the 15 foot Rob Roy.

My money went for the Seliga though and I will be proud to pass it onto my children when that time comes. Thank you Joe, and thank you Bell.

If you always wanted to be a boat builder, you might be familiar with the name Joe Seliga. Yes, that's Joe Seliga - the wood and canvas canoe builder who lived in Ely, Minnesota. Well, we are boat builders. And with Joe's great design paired with our KevLight™ laminate, you have a downright inspiring rendition of a classic wilderness tripping canoe.

Bell Canoe Seliga Tripper

No price on record.

The Bell Canoe Seliga Tripper is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new tripping/expedition canoe, check out the best reviewed current models.