Big Agnes Clearview Air Pad

I had been using one of the Term A Rest pads, for…

I had been using one of the Term A Rest pads, for years. But, I was having trouble getting comfortable sleep. My hipbone would hit the hard ground, no matter what.

My new Big Agnes mattress is way better and more comfy. It's also very light and packs small. I plan to get one of the Big Agnes insulated mattresses for colder weather.

Fantastic product. I bought this to take to Philmont…

Summary

Fantastic product.

Pros

• Packs small
  • Super comfortable

I bought this to take to Philmont Scout Ranch due to needing a small lightweight sleeping mattress. When it arrived in the mail I thought no way would this be comfortable or hold up. Well, I was wrong; it took everything the mountains of NM could dish out.

Bottom line, it's lightweight, packable, non-slip, and very comfortable. Just an FYI for comparison, I am 5-11, 180 lbs, and slept great for 10 days on the trail. All four adults in the crew had Big Agnes pads (three different models), and loved them. A GREAT product that will stay in my scout gear for years to come. Temps were never below 40.

5/2018 Update: Nine years later, this is still my go-to pad for spring/summer/fall camping. Small and comfortable. Well worth the money!

Thanks for the update, realdam3!

realdam3

Thanks, you guys run a GREAT site!

Thanks, realdam3!

Warm weather it's great. But I just spent one night…

Price Paid: $89 for 25 x 78 lg

Warm weather it's great. But I just spent one night in the upper 30's on this thing. It is NOT for the 35 degree weather that it is rated for. Even with a layer of Capilene 3, pants, tee, heavy fleece, and a BA Summit Park 15 degree bag I froze.

Would not use it again below 50 degrees or so at least with any Big Agnes bag without a closed cell pad. And then you might as well of had an insulated pad instead. Comfort, small roll up size, weight and durability get a 4.5 out of 5 though.

I purchased an Exped SynMat 9 Deluxe for the BA Summit Park and it rocks in colder weather. A little heavy, but a bigger comfy bag and pad are the two luxuries I refuse to compromise on.