Big Agnes Crystal 30°

I love the Big Agnes sleep system! Man is this bag…

Design: rectangular
Fill: hybrid 650 down/climashield
Temperature Rating: 30
Weight: 2 Lbs 13 oz.

I love the Big Agnes sleep system! Man is this bag huge and comfortable. I toss and turn a lot and sleep mostly on my stomach. I used to hate how tangled I would get in a regular sleeping bag and hate falling off my mat.

The Big Agnes Sleep system changed all of that.

The only reason i give this 3 1/2 stars is I DO NOT trust Big Agnes' temperature rating. I took this out on a night in the desert in a nice 2 man tent where it got down to about 36 degrees, and I was very cold. I had on cotton sleep pants and a thermal top with socks and I was still cold. I had to put my fleece jacket in the bag over my legs. Only in the morning when it was about 40 degrees was I comfortable.

I am going to get a Big Agnes mummy bag, it may be warmer as this bag had way too much room for me.

I will use this bag in the summer at Boy Scout camp

Wow, this bag is awesome. It is definitely three seasons…

Price Paid: $130-ish

Wow, this bag is awesome. It is definitely three seasons only, and perhaps a little too warm for a summer bag. But, it is perfect for the spring and fall. You get the best of both worlds with the dualmax (down/synthetic) insulation. It packs down small and is very light. It is the most comfortable bag I have had in years.

Combine it with the insulated air core pad and you have a killer system that is comfortable and warm. I love not waking up off my pad anymore. And because it's not a mummy and is semi rectangular, there is plenty of room to spread out. I can even roll on my side in the bag comfortably. I especially like the pillow pocket that fits one of Big Agnes' air core pillows perfectly. Or, you can just stuff some clothes in there.

I am actually thinking of buying a few more of these bags just in case they are discontinued so that I have one forever. They are a great bag for a great price.

This bag packs down very small, just over 2 pounds.

Design: semi-rectangular
Fill: hybird 600 fill down and prima loft
Temperature Rating: 30
Weight: 2 lb 10 oz

This bag packs down very small, just over 2 pounds. I used it on a 4 day James Peak Wilderness backpacking trip. I put the Big Agnes Insulated Core sleeping pad in the built in sleeve. I didn't have much trouble blowing up the pad, and putting it in the bag. I did this in my tent without much issue.

I do agree with other reviews that it doesn't feel quite as warm as other 30% bags. But I was comfortable on that big 2.5 inch pad. I do not like the mummy fit bags, so this bag gives you a full 6-7 inches more girth to roll over. The weight is very comparable to the 100% down bags. The hybrid (Primaloft and down) makes it more flexible with water contact.

No complaints. The build in pillow sleeve is nice, and you get cover up your whole head if you wanted to.

Great three-season bag. Living in the Pacific Northwest…

Design: Enlarged Mummy
Fill: Synthetic/ Down
Temperature Rating: 30 Degrees F

Great three-season bag. Living in the Pacific Northwest I couldn't be happier.

If you've owned or used a Big Agnes Crystal 30°, please share your experience.

Big Agnes Crystal 30°

The Crystal 30° has been discontinued.

The Big Agnes Crystal 30° is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 19, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new 3-season hybrid sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.