Big Agnes Diversion Insulated Air Core

I just picked up the Diversion by Big Agnes. It's…

I just picked up the Diversion by Big Agnes. It's rated well at 4.1 for an R value and it's light at 26 oz for the 72" length. It packs down quite small and it was recommended to me over a Prolite Plus by the guys at the shop.

I'm a big guy 185cm and 120kg and I find it comfortable. I can fit this this just about anywhere in my pack so it gets a good recommendation from me. I picked it up over the Prolite Plus because it was thicker and that's what makes it comfortable and that much warmer.

A possible con for some is that is doesn't have a pump, so you have to blow up it. It took me about a minute to blow it up easily. I think that the less parts you have to worry about, the better. Keep it simple stupid!

If anything, I'd pick this up because it is made of recycled material. It's a good concept to use materials to preserve the environment that you are enjoying out on the trail or wherever you may be.