Big Agnes Emerald Mountain SL2

I have slept in a lot of hammocks, shelters, tents…

I have slept in a lot of hammocks, shelters, tents and under tarps and this is by far one of the BEST I have experienced!

I found mine hanging upside down in a rad little shop in Steamboat Springs and fell in love with it.

The tent is SUPER spacious [fits myself, my husband and our dog (50 lb MOOSE!)].  We've used it in the mountains of Colorado and Virginia (Shenandoah), the hills of Pennsylvania, and the beaches of New Jersey.

Not once has this tent let us down — from sunshine to wind to torrential downpour, the tent has stood up to the elements for the past 3 years. This year we plan to take it in the snow to see how a 3 season holds up in winter (I'm sure we wont be completely disappointed).

We also have the ground cloth for it — equally great quality.

Rock on Big A, y'all keep doing what you do. Their gear is awesome!

This tent is incredible! Two doors on either side…

Design: 3 season free standing
Ease of Setup: after you set it up once, it's a piece of cake
Weight: 4lb 3oz

This tent is incredible! Two doors on either side let you slip out for an early morning piss without waking your neighbor. My friend and I tested this tent out the day after I got it. We are both very broad well fed southern boys and never even touched shoulders all night. When it comes to weight to space ratio this is as good as it gets.

If you've owned or used a Big Agnes Emerald Mountain SL2, please share your experience.

Big Agnes Emerald Mountain SL2

The Emerald Mountain SL2 has been discontinued.

The Big Agnes Emerald Mountain SL2 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 20, 2012 at Mountain Hideaway.