User Review: Big Agnes Sarvis SL2
Source: bought all 5 on ebay
The best and most versatile tent I have ever use. I am an Assistant Scoutmaster and typically camp out between 15 and 25 nights a year. I have been using the Sarvis tents for the past 7 years.
- Tent breaths well and is bomb proof in foul weather.
- I am a big guy (6ft 250lbs) and I have plenty of room for myself and my gear inside the tent.
- The vestibule is great for shoes or wet gear.
- Plenty of head room and tons of floor space compared to other brands in this profile configuration.
- I was sad when they stopped making the eVent version. I know eVent is not flame proof, but common sense should tell you not to put your tent near open flame.
This tent was easier to setup than the standard cross pole models I have used, and the hybrid attached rainfly works beautifully. I can pull it back to sleep under the stars, and if rain starts, I can reach up and pull the fly down without getting out of the tent.
I have used this tent everywhere from camping in Ireland to camping in July on Florida's Gulf Coast. I have camped in Gettysburg in December and woke up with over an inch of overnight accumulated snow and been in rainstorms where other tents around me collapsed and my Sarvis was like a rock, a dry rock at that. My oldest son even used his hiking rim to rim in the Grand Canyon. These tents are easy to use and very durable.
This tent has been the best value in camping gear I have ever found. I now own two Sarvis SL1 with eVent, and two Sarvis SL2 with eVent and one Sarvis SL2 without eVent. These tents are what me and my two boys use whenever we camp out.