Big Agnes Seedhouse 1

What a great tent! It is very roomy for a solo tent.

Design: three-season freestanding solo
Ease of Setup: Very easy but requires 11 stakes
Weight: 3 1/2 pounds

What a great tent! It is very roomy for a solo tent. I'm 6'2" and 245lbs and I have enough room to bring in my pack. The head end is roomy enough that you can enter head-first and then turn around; none of that struggling to slide into the tent feet-first. I can sit up inside. The vestibule is large enough for boots and some other gear.

Set-up is very easy and the pole system is nicely made with a snazzy little anodized aluminum hub at the center of things. Though the tent is "free-standing," it does require 11 stakes to get a proper pitch. It's not as big a deal as it sounds, unless you're setting up in an area of very hard or rocky ground.

All the little details are there... reflective zipper pulls and guy-outs, clear plastic window in the fly, interior mesh pockets, etc..

I used it in hot, humid conditions with a thunderstorm and stayed completely dry from rain or condensation.

I really like this tent and hope it's as durable as it is convenient and comfortable.

I have used my Seedhouse 1 on a several trips now…

Design: ultra light-weight, three-season
Ease of Setup: easy setup but lots of pegs to pound, very quick take down
Weight: 3 lbs. 12 oz.
Price Paid: $169 CDN

I have used my Seedhouse 1 on a several trips now and I must say I really like this tent! Great quality and easy setup although complete setup requires too many pegs! On the positive side, you can't beat the weight of this tent for the price! It's nice and long (I'm tall) and has lots of shoulder room.

The only downside is the fact that it requires a ton of pegs for best setup.If you were desperate, it can be free standing but would be slightly claustrophobic! The vestibule is very small but I found I had enough room inside the tent to stow my boots and some gear beside my mat. I would also have preferred a darker fabric because the early morning light really lights this tent up!

The front entry might be an issue for some people but there is adequate turn-around room inside so not a problem for me. I deducted one star for the excessive number of pegs but this is really a great tent!

If you've owned or used a Big Agnes Seedhouse 1, please share your experience.

Big Agnes Seedhouse 1

The Seedhouse 1 has been discontinued.

The Big Agnes Seedhouse 1 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 10, 2014 at Mountains Plus.