Big Agnes Summit Park 15

This is the perfect year-round bag! It packs relatively…

Summary

This is the perfect year-round bag! It packs relatively small, is warm and comfy, and doesn't break the bank. If you're a big person who likes to have room to move around when you sleep, then look no further.

Pros

• Big enough for larger people
  • Comfortable over a very wide temperature range
  • Packs down to a nice size for a large bag
  • Roomy enough for side-sleepers.

Cons

• Zippers snag easily

This is my third Big Agnes bag.  I have a Whiskey Park, which is a 0-degree rated synthetic bag best suited to car camping. It's a great bag for winter, but is huge when packed. I previously owned a Buffalo Park, which is a 40-degree summer bag.  It was great for warmer camping, but the temperature had to be pretty comfy for it to be useful.

I bought the Summit Park as a jack-of-all-trades to replace the other bags on motorcycle trips where space was tight and occasional temperatures below freezing were encountered. It's more than lived up to my expectations.

It packs to approximately the same size as my old 40-degree bag, and keeps me much more comfortable. The Big Agnes Park series was designed for larger guys, of which I am one. I come in at 6'2" and 270 lbs., and the Summit Park gives me more than enough room to move around and roll over if I need to.

I use an Exped SynMat 9 Pump DLX pad, which goes into a sleeve that's built into the bag. There's no insulation on the bottom of the bag, the idea being that a pad will provide the warmth. A bonus is that you never slip off of the pad in the middle of the night. It works beautifully! I tend to be a restless sleeper, and being able to roll around from side to side without ending up on the cold tent floor is a great feature.

We camp after long days in the saddle of our motorcycles, as well as long days of hiking, and the Big Agnes system really makes a huge difference in the quality of sleep that we get.

The zipper has a tendency to snag more than I like, but careful use prevents this. The Summit Park (as with most Big Agnes bags) can be ordered with either a right or left zipper, allowing a bag with the opposite to be zipped together. My wife and I love this feature!! Entry and exit is very easy with the bags zipped together, and the snagging issue seems to be eased somewhat in this configuration.

We've used our bags in all weather conditions, from 65-degree nights at low elevation, to below-freezing in Yosemite. There have been 5 or 6 nights of good, hard rain, and the bag showed no signs of soaking up any moisture.

When stuffed, the Summit Park fits into a medium stuff sack, and compression straps will get it down to the size of a pair of running shoes. Not too bad, considering its opened size. It fluffs up very quickly when unpacked, and so far I've had no cold spots or bunching of the insulation.

This is my second year with the bag, and I could not be happier. I've spent somewhere between 75-100 nights in it, and it still looks and works like new. I'm considering buying another one and stashing it for the day that I finally wear this one out. That looks to be a long way off.

I bought this from Amazon.com, and paid about 60% of the list price for a color that was one year out of date.  I can live with not being fashionable for that kind of savings.  :)

Visit Big Agnes's Summit Park 15 page.

From the Big Agnes Park Series, the Summit Park high-quality down bag is geared for the big guys or campers looking for supreme comfort at base camp and while car camping.

Newly updated the Summit Park +15 Down Sleeping Bag by Big Agnes is the ideal sleep system for the weight conscious backpacker. This sleep system is outfitted with 600 fill Down, boasting exceptional pack weights and highly compressible construction. Rectangular shape offers more room, while integrated pad and pillow sleeve makes sure that you never roll off your pad again. Flow construction technology optimizes heat distribution, while eliminating lateral and vertical down shifting weather you are sleeping by the car, or next to an alpine lake.

- Mountain Gear

Integrated full pad sleeve Never roll off your pad again Nylon stuff sack cotton storage sack included Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes pillow Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders 25 width offers extra girth 70 YKK 8 zipper Mate together our left and right zip bags with same size zipper Nodraft collar seals around neck to keep cold air from sneaking in Nodraft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad Nodraft zipper tube insulates along the length of the zipper Shell Down proof nylon microfiber ripstop WR surface treatment to repel water Lining Soft breathable down proof nylon with stain resistant finish Pad sleeve Nylon ripstop WR surface treatment to repel water Flow Construction Insotect Flow is a flowoptimized insulation system that delivers uniform heat distribution and natural body contouring through its revolutionary baffle design LEFT OR RIGHT ZIPPER When you are in the bag on your back the right zip will be on your right side left zip on your left side

- Bentgate.com

Part of Big Agnes' Park series of oversized sleeping bags, this bag is made extra roomy for larger campers. It features an integrated sleeve that accepts sleeping pads up to 25 inches wide – you'll never roll off your pad again. Durable, superwarm 600-fill-power goose down insulation is compressible and lightweight. Special baffle design prevents the down from shifting and clumping, eliminating potential cold spots. Shell is constructed from water-repellent, downproof ripstop nylon. Draft tubes on zipper and at neck seal out cold air. Built-in pillow pocket fits small camp pillows. Left-hand zipper. Nylon stuff sack and cotton storage bag included. Imported. Machine wash and dry in large commercial machines. Please note: All Big Agnes sleeping bags require a sleeping pad to provide insulation on the bottom of the bag. Weight 3 lb. 11 oz. Fits to 6'6". Girth at shoulders 80½". Girth at waist 74". Compressed size 10" x 10". Integrated Sleeping Pad Sleeve Fits one 25" x 78" rectangular pad.

- L.L.Bean