Big Agnes Tensleep Station 6

This seems to be a great tent. I have only set it…

Summary

This seems to be a great tent. I have only set it up in the yard and haven't spent any time in it yet, but I really like the versatility of the tent and the possible options for setting up to suit a ton of situations. It might not be the bombproof shelter you want for your roughest mountaineering expeditions, but it will be the perfect tent for car camping with the wife and kids when our TNF Trailhead 8 is more tent than we need.

Pros

• Roomy
  • Solid
  • Full fly
  • Lots of ventilation
  • Standing room

Full disclosure:  I have only tried this in the yard and have not actually camped in it yet.

Update 6/10/13 - spent a weekend in it with some rough storms at night.  Held up AWESOME!!!  Love the tent and support all listed below.

I pitched the tent in just over 10 minutes with: no instructions, used one of the poles in the wrong sleeve and on a pretty dang windy afternoon....all by myself.  It comes with lots of stakes and the poles snap together quite easily.

It does pitch tautly and could have been extremely solid with all guy out points utilized. I did not guy out even one of the points on the fly and the stiff wind hardly phased it even then.

I can't speak for the weather resistance as I haven't had it in any. However, it closed up seamlessly and the full coverage fly doesn't leave much exposure to the elements. The vestibules allow in and out of the front and back without standing around in the rain.

There is lots of mesh and even an extra fly vent  on the back side above the door. The front vestibule even has a couple of awesome wall vents that allow for more ventilation and some nice added visibility when desired even if you want to close the vestibule door.

There is lots of room for storage - long pockets at the base near the door, two smaller mesh pockets up top near the door, a set of storage pockets in the corner of the fly on both sides by the door.  The head room is great all the way around...but, I admit, I'm not exactly a giant.

It packs up nicely in a cool little storage bag without being compressed or tightly folded...compartments for everything.

Everything is certainly as advertised. The only wishes that I would have for this tent would be an option to zip the vestibule vents all the way around instead of the velcro attachments along the bottom run and that the back door would have a window option versus just being able to either open or close it. Small wishes that don't affect performance though.

If you've owned or used a Big Agnes Tensleep Station 6, please share your experience.