Big Sky Summit 2P

I am a patient human being for the most part, but…

Design: 3 season freestanding
Ease of Setup: easy set up
Weight: 3lbs 11oz
Price Paid: N/A

I am a patient human being for the most part, but I have finally reached the end of the rope with Big Sky tents.

Oct. 2005, after having seen one of their tents at Trail Days in Damascus that same year, I ordered one of their Summit 2P tents, that being almost 2 lbs lighter than the Half Dome I was currently using.

After much delay in which a lot of communication from them was done via "inspection trips to Asian factories", and, as much as possible, tactfully harassing them for a delivery date for the tent, I finally received said tent almost six months later.
After two uses, one of the door zippers came apart.
To their credit, Big Sky offered to repair the thing if I would send it back. Yeah...it only took six months to get it to start with. We repaired the tent ourselves, one door being slightly trashed now. No big deal.

On a recent trip to the BMT, one of the corner "guide outs", a strand of nylon connecting the corner of the tent to the pole sleeve end, tore off. I had to thread it through an end with the pole grommet, causing the whole tent to be slightly out of kilter.

I wrote the company, even sent pictures, and again, to their credit, they made me a possible offer on a newer, better, later generation tent. I offered to accept this and, after writing yet again offering to accept, I have never heard from them again. Therefore, and this is something I rarely do, I do not, cannot, would not, recommend these people, nor their tents. Construction, without proof to the contrary, and, mostly, customer service, sucks.

Too bad because it was a easy to set up and lightweight.

I bought an REI QuarterDome where, say what you will about those folks, they stand behind their products.

If you've owned or used a Big Sky Summit 2P, please share your experience.

Big Sky Summit 2P

The Summit 2P has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The Big Sky Summit 2P is not available from the stores we monitor.