Black Diamond Compactor Poles

Love the trekking poles. I use to hike a lot, but…

Summary

Love the trekking poles. I use to hike a lot, but with aging my pace has really slowed down. These poles are so much better than using a cane for any walking you do. Because of the perfect balance they create you can move easily wherever you use them.

However, I have lost my manual and I need advice about how to put on the powder baskets. Help???

Hi Gwen, I looked on Black Diamond's site and found these instructions for their Powder Baskets: http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aakn_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-BlackDiamond-Site/Sites-bdel/default/v1412230719695/files/MM5964_E%20Pole%20Access%20Card%201%20sided.pdf

Awesome product fo sho! When your trail is slippery,…

Source: bought it used

Summary

Awesome product fo sho!

Pros

• Compact

Cons

• I don't know

When your trail is slippery, rocky, unstable or challenging in any way, bust out these poles for sure footing. Also, if you have pain in knees/ankles from impact on the trail, these will offer much needed relief to keep you going.

I love these poles. I use these poles for everything,…

Price Paid: $65 at The Gear Exchange

Summary

I love these poles.

Pros

• Compact
  • Easily adjusted
  • Stay at the height you set them

Cons

• Need something to hold them into a compact package without the powder baskets.

I use these poles for everything, skinning with my splitboard, snowshoeing, and backpacking. They are awesome. Lightweight and they collapse down really small.

The only downside I can think of is that the powder baskets need to be on in order to keep them from flopping around. The baskets have two notches in each one that snaps onto the pole shafts to hold them together into a compact package.

Without the baskets (used as a trekking pole) they will flop around on your pack because of the way they collapse down. I use elastic cord ties to hold them together on my pack, works fine.