Black Diamond Covert
Design: clamshell opening, slim design
Size: L/XL version
Height of Owner: 6'3"
Price Paid: $100
I purchased the L/XL (18 inch torso) version of this backpack for use snowboarding and I absolutely love it. It is by far the best snowboarding/skiing pack I have owned. I'm 6'3" and the L/XL size is perfect for me.
After two seasons of use, here are the things I appreciate most:
- clamshell design: I can open the main compartment zipper and lay the bag completely open and flat.
- the handle on the top is very durable and solid. It's also coated in rubber for easy handling.
- there is a sleeve for the hydration tube on the right shoulder strap to keep it from flopping around.
- you can strap a board to the back (vertically, not horizontally unfortunately), or skis to the back or to the sides. The straps and buckles are very durable even though the buckles are the "low profile" kind. I have seen no fraying or pulled stitching after having repeatedly strapped my board or my skis (188cm) and my child's skis to the pack.
- there are two cinch straps (one high, one low) on each side of the pack to make it as slim as possible so it doesn't affect your ability to sit on chair lifts.
- the waist belt is large and sturdy.
- there is a whistle built into the buckle of the chest strap. I've never had to use it but it's always there and it's very loud.
I'd highly recommend this pack to either skiers or boarders. This is my first Black Diamond product so I don't know much about the company but the construction quality of my pack is top notch with no signs of aging after two seasons of use.
Where to Buy
Here's what other sites are saying:
Black Diamond's Covert is a panel-loading, fully featured backcountry pack which is optimized for day-trip traveling off-piste.
Key Features of the Black Diamond Covert Pack 2013 ModelergoACTIV suspension3D pivoting hipbelt, SwingArm shoulder strapsLarge zippered front-panel openingNew diagonal ski-carry cableA-frame carry optionHiLo helmet holderHipbelt stash pocketFleece-lined goggle pocketDedicated avy-tool organizer pocketIce axe attachmentInsulated hydration sleeveBlack Diamond Covert Pack 2013 ModelIf you plan to go on sidecountry laps and day-long backcountry tours, you should have the Black Diamond Covert Pack 2013 Model. This pack has a large interior to store all your adventure necessities and accessories. It features the new ergoACTIV suspension with 3D pivoting hipbelt and SwingArm shoulder straps that helps you move around with ease even if the pack is loaded. It keeps everything organized with its HiLo helmet holder, hipbelt stash pocket, fleece-lined goggle pocket, and dedicated avy-tool organizer. You can also bring your axe and carry it safely using the pack's ice axe attachment. An insulated hydration sleeve is included as well so you can bring your hydration and prevent it from freezing. Get your own Black Diamond Covert Pack 2013 Model now and bring convenience to your outdoor adventure.
Leave the groomers for the tourists, reach for your avy kit, and pack your gear into the Black Diamond Covert Winter Pack before you slide into the backcountry. Dynamically adjusting shoulder straps and a pivoting waistbelt provide unprecedented range of motion as you slide along on skins or kick a boot pack. Adding to this clever design is Black Diamond's unsurpassed attention to design efficiency, a quality which makes this beyond-the-ropes, ski-carrying pack and essential tool in your backcountry arsenal.
Free Shipping. Black Diamond Covert Pack DECENT FEATURES of the Black Diamond Covert Pack ergoACTIV suspension with SwingArm shoulder straps Large zippered front-panel opening New diagonal ski-carry cable plus A-frame carry option HiLo helmet holder, hipbelt stash pocket and fleece-lined goggle pocket Dedicated avy-tool organizer pocket and ice axe attachment Insulated hydration sleeve The SPECS of the Black Diamond Covert Pack Type: Unisex 800d Ballistic, 420d Velocity nylon The SPECS for S/M Volume: 1,465 cubic inches / 24 liter Average Stock Weight: 3 lbs 7 oz / 1.55 kg The SPECS for M/L Volume: 1,587 cubic inches / 26 liter Average Stock Weight: 3 lbs 9 oz / 1.61 kg