Black Diamond Enduro CF

Pro: lighter than most other poles in this range.

Price Paid: 103- MEC

Pro: lighter than most other poles in this range.

Con: Vibration was so bad I got sore forearms and wrists in a matter of hours. They twang like a guitar string. Straps slip constantly and won't stay tightened at the smallest range. I use the straps to place my weight as this is my preferred method. My old cheapo BD are much better.

I got the Enduro CF off of Steep and Cheap for $44…

I got the Enduro CF off of Steep and Cheap for $44 plus shipping to use on a backpacking trip in Wyoming over January. The pole is very light and the locking mechanism seems very stable. I paid $9 for the snow baskets because I was using the poles in deep snow. They worked great and if you can get them for a good price I would certainly suggest them. I have yet to use them in the summer but I think that the rubber covers for the tips may be a good investment for when there is no snow.