Black Diamond Focus AL

Good all around Simple, comfortable and adjustable…

Price Paid: around $50

Summary

Good all around

Pros

• All around
  • Adjustable
  • Gear loops

Simple, comfortable and adjustable all around harness. I used it from sport to alpine climbing, from summer to winter.

I like the way gear loops are designed: easy to clip or unclip due to their upside down position.

I have used it for 4 years now and still use it.

It's adjustable; that's nice. It's padded; hooray…

It's adjustable; that's nice. It's padded; hooray for me.

I have big legs so this thing digs into me when I'm not suited up for winter climbing. I don't plan on using it when the summer roles around again; I only used it last summer a few times. For a summer harness, I'll look for wider leg loops or loops that are padded thicker.

For winter climbing, this thing is very good. It adjusts easily and is easy to put on. The gear loops return up when not loaded and are easy to clip onto. I've got no problems with it really besides the fit in the legs.

Good harness, taken a lot of falls and a 20 foot whiper.

Good harness, taken a lot of falls and a 20 foot whiper. It's a great harness, would not sport climb without it.

Black Diamond Focus AL

The Focus AL has been discontinued.

The Black Diamond Focus AL is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 1, 2008 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new sit harness, check out the best reviewed current models.