The setup is not too bulky and has good features.

The setup is not too bulky and has good features. The batteries last for a long time compared to other lights. Both modes function great; between tent and camp brightness to trail movement. Even in -25 for hours in Alaska, the light works great. I choose this over the Moonlight.

I have had this lamp for a few years, but have finally…

Price Paid: ?

I have had this lamp for a few years, but have finally used it the other day. Although I have been hiking for years, I just started backpacking.

I used this light a couple of days past and I was very pleased with its performance. I am sure I could hike a trail out with this light in moonlight mode without a problem. I was so impressed with the amount of light it generated.

I do have the older version, so I am sure the newer is even better.

-John

I use this light for nighttime cross-country skiing…

I use this light for nighttime cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. This light is simply awesome for what I use it for. Makes an excellent trail light and all-around camp light.

I have the older version of the headlamp with one…

Price Paid: $90 AUS

I have the older version of the headlamp with one LED and one halogen globe. Still an excellent headlamp and has never let me down. You get hundreds of hours out of the LED light (not exaggerating) and you do not need to worry about waterproofness. You may want a brighter light than what this one offers but the new Gemini (2004) has two LEDs and a halogen so this problem is now gone.