Black Diamond Gizmo

This headlamp is easy to operate. It's bright enough…

Summary

This headlamp is easy to operate. It's bright enough to hike in the dark. It's a simple, no frills piece of kit that has never malfunctioned on me, and works every time I need it.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • 2 x AAA batteries (included)
  • Water-resistant

Cons

• Not as bright as bigger headlamps
  • Not waterproof

I use my headlamp all the time. I use it at home, when camping, and hiking.

This headlamp is light enough to wear all evening, so I use it to find stuff, cook, walk at night. I usually just leave it on all evening.

I bought myself one, and one for each of my sons. It's bright enough to aid in whatever you're doing. But it's not too bright. What I mean by that is... if my son is 20 feet away and he looks at me while wearing his, it doesn't blind me. There is such a thing as having a headlamp that is too bright.

My Black Diamond headlamps have never stopped working. They have been dropped, rained on, used for hours on end, loaned out, stuffed into backpacks and under car seats and given to small children to play with. They still work every time I flip the switch.

This headlamp runs on 2 AAA batteries. This keeps it lighter than headlamps that run on more, or larger batteries. Running on AAA batteries is a huge plus for me, because most electronics I take into the bush all use AAA batteries. This keeps it simple for packing extras. I can't really comment on how many hours the batteries last, because 1 set of batteries lasts several trips, and I don't keep track of the number of hours I keep it turned on.

Got this little guy for 20 bucks and have yet to be…

Got this little guy for 20 bucks and have yet to be disappointed. The settings on this are high, low, and flash. You can get away with just using the low on this thing and make the batteries last even longer, which by the way only takes 2 AAA. At a mere 2oz you can always find a spot in your ruck for it.

I have read reviews stating that it doesn't do very well in the cold. Here in IL we just got over a cold spell where temps were below freezing. As a test I put it out on my porch for roughly 12 hours and then went to go turn it on. Lit up just as it should with no decrease in performance.

I am very happy with this thing and am shocked at the price for such a quality torch.

I gotta say that for the price you can't beat this…

I gotta say that for the price you can't beat this lil son of a bitch!! I don't go caving or nothing but around camp this bad boy puts off some good lite! And it has a high and low lite and a strobe. Not to bad for 20 bones!

Visit Black Diamond's Gizmo page.

Now with a slimmer, more powerful design, the Black Diamond Gizmo Headlamp is a ready-for-anything light thats useful in more places than you can imagine. From chores around camp to a mellow night hike, the Gizmos 3 SinglePower LEDs provide up to 35 lumens of brightness as well as dimming and strobe modes. The headlamp also automatically powers off after 2 hours to avoid accidental battery drain.

- CampSaver.com

Now even brighter and lighter than before, the Black Diamond Gizmo headlamp is a great light to have on hand in the car, at the house or in the mountains.

Camping solo without a fire isn't such a sacrifice with the long-lasting light of the Black Diamond Gizmo Headlamp. With help from the two SinglePower LEDs, you chow down your freeze-dried feast, stow your food, and then have enough juice left to read a few chapters before you drift off into woodsy dreams.

Black Diamond Gizmo Headlamp FEATURES of the Black Diamond Gizmo Headlamp 2 Single Power LEDs offer compact, proximity lighting at 35 lumens (max setting) Ultra compact batteries-in-the-front design uses 2 AAA batteries Settings include full strength, dimming and strobe Powers off after 2 hours to avoid accidental battery drain Protected against splashing or sprayed water from any angle (IPX 4) SPECIFICATIONS of the Black Diamond Gizmo Headlamp Led Type: 2 SinglePower Max Lumens: 35 Max Distance on Highest Setting: 15 m Max Distance on Lowest Setting: 5 m Max Burntime on Highest Setting: 6 H Max Burntime on Lowest Setting: 72 H Batteries: 2 AAA included Weight with Batterie: 2 oz / 58 g