Black Diamond Hollowpoint

Tough well made bag let down by two design flaws which…

Price Paid: £30

Summary

Tough well made bag let down by two design flaws which in turn render the bag unusable.

Pros

• Well made
  • Tough materials

Cons

• Exposed zip wears prematurely
  • External pocket to shallow for anything other than a phone
  • Zipped pocket not ideal in urban use

I have had the bag for 4-5 years mainly for urban use, cycling to work etc, and unfortunately it now has to be replaced.

The bag is not at all worn out and is made of very resistant materials. Except the top zip at the corners is very exposed to wear and tear. It has prematurely worn to the point where I can no longer close the bag properly .

I will avoid zips in any future purchases.

Welcome to Trailspace, Reece. Do you have any pictures of the worn zippers?

Welcome to Trailspace, Reece! I'd also like to see some pictures of your pack.

This backpack was an impulse buy (on sale). Its shape…

This backpack was an impulse buy (on sale). Its shape was simple yet looked very capable. The excuse for buying it was to fill a void in my collection and I mainly have used this for my crag bag and winter daily use.

It is a rugged top loader. I just stuff it with all my gear. The size is big enough for everything i need, yet small enough that what I don't need stays home. The fabric looks very durable and has yet to puncture, rip or tear. Heavy loads feel lighter due to the shape of the bag which tends to carry the weight high on your back.

What I don't like about the pack is actually the same reason I find it aesthetically appealing. This bag sits really high on my back and I'm on the shorter side (5'6). What happens is I can't fully tilt my head back without it touching the back pack. Feels very awkward.

This little con turns into a big one when it's winter and I'm wearing a hoodie plus my jacket and they are not being used rather behind my head. Very uncomfortable. This also becomes a factor when I'm commuting on bike on low bars.

Please try this bag out before you buy. It has a cool looking shape that may also hinder your ability to fully tilt your head. I would recommend it otherwise.

Despite its durability the BD Hollowpoint is a poor…

Design: Top-Loading Rucksack
Size: 20L
Number of Pockets: 2

Despite its durability the BD Hollowpoint is a poor design from my experience. At 20L this pack needs a pair of compression straps! It only works well if you have it filled to the top.