Black Diamond HotWire

A good, basic carabiner. I think of these as a lighter…

Summary

A good, basic carabiner.

Pros

• Price
  • Large enought for trad
  • Light enough for sport
  • Good for general use
  • Good gate action

Cons

• For pure sport, I would go lighter.

I think of these as a lighter replacement for my old standard ovals or Ds, primarily for long slings. These have a good feel. A good all purpose carabiner.

This is my standard carabiner on my rack because it…

This is my standard carabiner on my rack because it has a great feel and an excellent gate opening. The feel of the carabiner in hand is good for intuitive clipping which I prefer because I don't want to spend more time than I need to put in my protection.

Visit Black Diamond's HotWire page.

Black Diamond HotWire Carabiner FEATURES of the Black Diamond HotWire Carabiner Hot-forged construction Nose angle opened slightly to improve clipping Large rope-bearing surface Same size as the original HotWire with 20% less weight Does not freeze up in alpine conditions SPECIFICATIONS of the Black Diamond HotWire Carabiner Weight: 1.3 oz / 37 g Closed Gate Strength: 5,395 lbf / 24 kN Open Gate Strength: 2,023 lbf / 9 kN Minor Axis Strength: 1,574 lbf / 7 kN Gate Opening: 1.0in. / 25 mm ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.

The Hotwire Carabiner is the first wiregate ever created for progressive climbers, and it is now been revamped for a stronger, lighter hold. Black Diamond Equipment is offering you strength and security on every rock climbing mission that you make. PRODUCT FEATURES: Hot-forged construction Nose angle opened slightly to improve clipping Large rope-bearing surface Same size as the original HotWire with less weight

- Appalachian Outdoors

The Black Diamond HotWire carabiner started the wiregate revolution. It remains an all-season, all-around favorite worldwide because of its optimal size-to-weight ratio. Hot-forged construction Nose angle opened slightly to improve clipping Does not freeze up in alpine conditions

- OMCgear

The Black Diamond HotWire Carabiner started the wiregate revolution, and now it returns with a fresh, hot-forged design that makes it 20 percent lighter and helps streamline your rack even further. A slighltly widened nose angle improves clipping and the large rope-bearing surface helps you build anchors and manage multiple lines with ease.