I got this pack on sale and it was worth every dime.

Design: Technical Climbing Pack
Size: 2750
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 35
Height of Owner: 5'10"

I got this pack on sale and it was worth every dime. It's still a steal at the retail price of $150 if you ask me. Everything a mountaineer/ice climber wants and nothing more. It's got tool tubes and a crampon pouch for those technical days and enough room for an overnight (if you're a light packer like me) even in the winter. For a load under 35 lbs it carries well. I also tried a multi-pitched ice climb with it just for the hell of it and it also climbed very well. However, I loaded it up one day with about 45 lbs and it was not comfortable at all, so don't overload it. Lots of features like ski slots, gear loops,etc. Overall a great pack at a great price.

Black Diamond Ice Pack

The Ice Pack has been discontinued.

The Black Diamond Ice Pack is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 25, 2007 at GearTrade.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review