I wasn't a fan of "headlights" until my girlfriend…

Price Paid: $30 at REI

I wasn't a fan of "headlights" until my girlfriend just had to have one. I've always carried a AA maglite. We looked at a bunch of headlamps at the local REI store and settled on this one as it was in her price range, had a big, easy to use on/off switch and seemed very bright. I have to admit that it was kinda nice cooking dinner with both hands. It is nice and bright. I don't know about distance with it but it's great at lighting up the trail in front of me. It got me thinking that I needed one also. I ordered a Petzl Tikka+
for $35 from travelcountry.com. I'll do the review/comparison for that after giving it a test drive.

The only thing that I didn't like about this was the mechanism for the battery door. If you're not careful with it I'm afraid it could be broken easily. I didn't break one but the way it works is kinda strange. I can't really explain it, you have to see it firsthand. It's probably not worth tripping on, just something to remember when changing the batteries.