Black Diamond Neutrino

Lightweight. Strong. Reliable. What else do you need?

Price Paid: $25 for a six pack

Summary

Lightweight. Strong. Reliable. What else do you need?

Pros

• Strong
  • Easy to use

This is a great little product. I don't know if there are lighter full-size, full strength carabiners out there, but these are fantastic. Obviously the way you use the carabiner is going to change your opinion of them, but for hammock camping and general campsite use, they're fantastic.

The biggest drawing point is the weight.  I think if my 30 L bag were filled with these, I wouldn't notice.  And so, they double as a means to hang stuff off your pack as you hike without much added weight.

Now, most carabiners are easy to use, and so it SHOULD be that these are easy to use and, in fact, they are.  They work the way a biner's supposed to work.  They're strong.  I haven't had the need to test the carabiner's weight force limits, but I haven't given it a second thought before laying down in my hammock.  I'm always confident that, assuming I'm using the carabiner the way I'm supposed to, it's going to hold me.

Again, great product.

Visit Black Diamond's Neutrino page.

Thirty-six grams of wiregate perfection, the nimble Black Diamond Neutrino is the ideal solution when all-purpose fast, light and strong is right. The Neutrino's compact full-function design makes it the ideal match for cams and slings. The Neutrino also has a larger rope-bearing surface than the Oz.

- CampSaver.com

Whether you're a big wall climber, a traditional alpinist or a redpoint gymnast, you'll appreciate the light and strong Black Diamond Neutrino carabiner.

The Black Diamond Neutrino Carabiner is a remarkably light and versatile carabiner. Its light weight makes it ideal for trad climbs and long, pumpy sport routes. Optimal racking carabiner Compact, full-fuction design Large rope-bearing surface Does not freeze up in alpine conditions

- OMCgear

The Black Diamond Neutrino Carabiner brings you full-strength, easy-to-clip performance at an incredibly light weight of 1. 3oz. Unlike other ultralight carabiners, the Neutrino has a large gate opening, so it won't feel like you're trying to clip into a keychain when you're totally gripped and Elvis leg is rocking your blue-suede climbing shoes. Because of its freeze-proof wire gate and ultralight design, the Black Diamond Neutrino hangs from trad, ice, and alpine racks the world over.