Black Diamond Neutrino

Lightweight. Strong. Reliable. What else do you need?

Price Paid: $25 for a six pack

Summary

Lightweight. Strong. Reliable. What else do you need?

Pros

• Strong
  • Easy to use

This is a great little product. I don't know if there are lighter full-size, full strength carabiners out there, but these are fantastic. Obviously the way you use the carabiner is going to change your opinion of them, but for hammock camping and general campsite use, they're fantastic.

The biggest drawing point is the weight.  I think if my 30 L bag were filled with these, I wouldn't notice.  And so, they double as a means to hang stuff off your pack as you hike without much added weight.

Now, most carabiners are easy to use, and so it SHOULD be that these are easy to use and, in fact, they are.  They work the way a biner's supposed to work.  They're strong.  I haven't had the need to test the carabiner's weight force limits, but I haven't given it a second thought before laying down in my hammock.  I'm always confident that, assuming I'm using the carabiner the way I'm supposed to, it's going to hold me.

Again, great product.

If you've owned or used a Black Diamond Neutrino, please share your experience.