Black Diamond Posiwire Quickdraw

Easy clipping and an extremely reliable draw. What…

Price Paid: $38.93 USD

Summary

Easy clipping and an extremely reliable draw. What more is there to say?

Pros

• Easy to clip
  • Rubber stopper keeps biner from unnecessarily moving
  • Nice size dog bone

Cons

• Maybe a little TOO easy to clip?

The fact that draws have very minimal moving parts makes for a reliable piece of equipment, but a piece of equipment that is so important that it must be made well enough to not fail on you. I can say that I have yet to have a problem with these draws. I used to use Petzl Spirits but saw a set of these for a sweet price and decided to go for it. I do not regret that decision. The Posiwires are now my go to draw!

Black Diamond advertises a simple and hard-working product and deliver on that promise. Clipping is never an issue (unless you back-clip and in that case you shouldn't be climbing if that is even a problem) and I never feel as if I'm fumbling to get a draw off my harness. The gate action works as if I've just ordered them from BD. Smooth and effortless, I never feel uneasy about taking a fall.

A 6-pack of Posiwires weighs roughly 1 pound 6 ounces. That to me is incredible. Such a valuable piece of equipment that does is job and keeps you safe for a weight that won't break your back when on those longer climbs.

All-in-all I couldn't speak more highly of such a well made product. If you're unsure, go with the Posiwires - you won't be sorry.

Visit Black Diamond's Posiwire Quickdraw page.

With a snag-free Positron carabiner on top and a lightweight, easy-clipping original HotWire carabiner on bottom, the Black Diamond PosiWire Quickdraw combines smooth clippability and wiregate functionality. The 14 mm DynexTM dogbone is not only durable and easy to grab, but it features our Straitjacket insert to keep the bottom biner in the optimal clipping position.

- CampSaver.com

Load up with this Black Diamond PosiWire Quickpack quickdraw set and head to the crag.

Free Shipping. Black Diamond PosiWire 12cm Quickpack FEATURES of the Black Diamond PosiWire 12cm Quickpack Positron on top and original HotWire wiregate on the bottom Snag-free keylock top biner for easy clipping Equipped with a 14 mm Dynex dogbone with Straitjacket Available in 12 cm length Packaged set of six SPECIFICATIONS of the Black Diamond PosiWire 12cm Quickpack Weight: 1 lb 6 oz / 618 g Length: 12 cm Width: 14 mm ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.

The Black Diamond PosiWire Quickpack gives you six of our PosiWire quickdraws that combine the smooth clipping and cleaning of the Positron carabiner with the light weight and multi-purpose function of our original HotWire carabiner.

- EMS