Black Diamond Raven Pro

This axe is strong, light and comes pretty sharp out…

Summary

This axe is strong, light and comes pretty sharp out of the box, though I did sharpen it more. For spring, winter or fall I take this thing up the mountain. Great design!

Pros

• Light
  • Strong
  • Great pic for arresting

Cons

• I wish color was more visible

I have used this axe as an anchor, a walking tool, a chopping tool and arrest tool. It is versatile and a great companion for my mountaineering journeys.

Most ergonomic ice axe I could find. Much more comfortable…

Most ergonomic ice axe I could find. Much more comfortable than the Petzl Icewalker in my hands. Not sure if the weight difference between the PRO version and the regular Raven is that significant. The ice axe handles well for self arrests and does not seem to suffer in mixed terrains on rocks.

Overall the most comfortable ice axe I could find and gets the job done when it counts.

I have only had it for one season. I have only practiced…

I have only had it for one season. I have only practiced with it and it does work for a self arrest. I was a little worried about the pick being shorter. Carrying it feels natural. It is super light and that is what I was going for.

Visit Black Diamond's Raven Pro page.

Free Shipping. Black Diamond Raven Pro Ice Axe FEATURES of the Black Diamond Raven Pro Ice Axe Investment-cast, polished stainless steel head and spike Lightweight aluminum shaft Ergonomic head is designed with an aggressive pick and large hole for a carabiner CEN-certified SPECIFICATIONS of the Black Diamond Raven Pro Ice Axe Head, Spike: stainless steel Shaft: Aluminum The SPECS for 50 cm Weight: Without Leash: 13 oz / 362 g Length: 50 cm The SPECS for 55 cm Weight: Without Leash: 13 oz / 377 g Length: 55 cm The SPECS for 60 cm Weight: Without Leash: 14 oz / 392 g Length: 60 cm The SPECS for 65 cm Weight: Without Leash: 14 oz / 407 g Length: 65 cm The SPECS for 70 cm Weight: Without Leash: 15 oz / 422 g Length: 70 cm The SPECS for 75 cm Weight: Without Leash: 15 oz / 437 g Length: 75 cm ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.

A lightweight version of our classic Raven piolet, the Black Diamond Raven Pro Ice Axe is the ideal axe for ounce counters. Whether you're kicking steps up Aconcagua or wending through crevasse fields in the Alps, the Raven Pro's lightweight aluminum shaft and investment-cast, polished stainless steel head provide classic, all-around performance.

- CampSaver.com

Updated for more comfortable handling and better purchase in ice, the Black Diamond Raven Pro ice axe is the tool you want by your side while pursuing lofty summits.

The Raven Pro Ice Axe is Black Diamond's lightest fully featured mountaineering axe. The Raven Pro features an investment-cast stainless steel head and spike and lighter aluminum shaft, for the same performance as the Raven Ice Axe, but for a few grams less. Ideal for glacier travel, mountaineering, ski mountaineering and ski touring Investment-cast Stainless Steel head and spike One-piece stainless steel head uses no welds for durability and features a large carabiner hole to use as an anchor Cleverly designed molded head offers a comfortable, confident grip Lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum shaft The curve of the pick and its aggressive teeth are engineered for secure self-arrest CEN-B certified Don't forget an Axe or Pick Protector to protect your delicate nylon gear and keep your pick sharp

- OMCgear