Black Diamond Speed 33

I've had this pack for a year and a half. I've used…

Design: top loading internal frame
Size: 33 liter
Number of Pockets: lid has two sections
Max. Load Carried: About 25
Height of Owner: 5'6"

I've had this pack for a year and a half. I've used it for hauling climbing gear on 6 weekend trips to the Red River George, and as a daypack for five days of desert hiking and rock scrambling in Joshua Tree.

The pack fits great and carries a load very comfortably, even a modest trad rack; the rope strap is great, too. I love the lightweight, and that you can strip it down to nothing. I also appreciate that it's so simple, without a lot of straps and crap hanging off to get caught in brush. It rides narrow on the back and doesn't hinder my motion.

I've just gone to much more compact and lightweight camping gear, and I can pack it with a very compressible summer bag, Thermarest Prolite 4 (full length), Six Moon poncho/tarp tent, alcohol stove and cup, and have room for the rest of what I need for a weekend if I'm selective. No room for climbing gear then, of course.

After a year and a half I notice there's a tiny half-inch cut on the bottom of the pack, which has seems self contained. I don't think the material split under load, but that I cut it on sharp granite.

Cons: I wish it had water bottle pockets on the outside, because when I jam pack it full for a weekend there's no room to completely fill my Camelback. If it were 40 liters instead of 33, it would be flat-out perfect.

Anyway, I highly recommend this pack if you need a low volume, easy-carrying, simple, comfortable and aesthetic pack for day hikes, climbing gear, or minimalist backcountry camping. It's got what I really need, and none of the junk I don't.

This pack is awesome. It's one main compartment. It…

Design: top loading
Size: 33 liters
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: 40 pounds
Height of Owner: five nine

This pack is awesome. It's one main compartment. It fits well whether packed tight or with only a small amount of gear. The material is very strong, and lightweight. Not a whole lot of framsheet (personal preference) and can remove both sheet and stay. Speaking of which, one stay in the middle of the back. An awesome approach bag and a good weekender as well. A good weeklong pack, if you like carrying little gear.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Black Diamond Speed Pack - 33L (Fall 2007) The assault-style Speed Pack by Black Diamond is offered in 33 L and 28 L volume sizes. 210d SilNylon, streamlind shape, compression straps and a foam bivy pad make this the true in.minimalist rigin. for traveling at light speed. Stock Weight: 1.08 kg (2 lb 6 oz) Stripped Weight: 705 grams (1 lb 9 oz) Volume: 33 liters (2,014 cu in)

Description of Black Diamond Speed BackpackThe Speed 30 is an assault-style Black Diamond alpine pack constructed from lightweight and tough 210-denier SilNylon. The Speed has a 30L capacity and just the right features for pure function on snow, ice and rock. Designed to be worn climbing, the Speed 30’s narrow profile keeps it from your arms as you climb. Stripped down to the Black Diamond essentials, the Speed 30 offers firmer all-around padding, a removable stay and foam bivy pad, rope-carrying strap and ice axe holders. The barebones Speed 30 is the true "minimalist Black Diamond rig" for traveling at light speed.Black Diamond understands all of the Speed and features you need and integrates it into one fine pack. Features:Rugged panel loader ideal for day cragging Y-Rod Our unique Y-Rod aluminum stay, with no welded points, provides support where needed, yet enough flexibility to give total freedom of movement. Cut and bent from aluminum rod stock, the Y-Rod offe

- US Outdoor Store

For going light on long alpine days, the no-frills, top-loading Black Diamond Speed is BD's most streamlined pack. Built with water-shedding 210d nylon, its expansive main compartment and compression straps hold your essentials. You can also strip off the aluminum stay, foam bivy pad and waistbelt for an assault-style pack weighing a meager one and a half pounds (690 grams). Dual ice axe attachments, cold-weather shockcord and a rope strap under the top lid offer lightweight, technical function. Black Diamond Speed Pack Features: Weight: 2lb 6ozVolume: 2014 cu/inSizing: L/XL Torso (18-21in)Please allow an extra day or two for delivery on this item.

- OMCgear

Black Diamond Speed 33

The Speed 33 has been discontinued.

The Black Diamond Speed 33 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 18, 2008 at Moosejaw.