All around great product—five stars. These poles…

Summary

All around great product—five stars.

• Interchangeable tips

Cons

• Have not found anything wrong with these poles.

These poles are great. Easy to adjust. Great shock absorbers. Great support. Carbon interchangeable tips.

Best on the market.

Welcome to Trailspace, Donald! How long have you had your BD poles?

Donald Wiegand

2 Weeks

Enjoy the poles, Donald. I hope you'll keep us posted on how the continue to work out for you.

Best trekking poles I've owned. Locks are secure and…

Summary

Best trekking poles I've owned. Locks are secure and don't slip....at all. Great quality.

Pros

• Great for trail hiking

Cons

• Replacement rubber tips are very small

If you're looking for quality trail poles, then look no further. Quality, comfort, and durability—these trekking poles have it all!

Once adjusted they stay locked in place without any slipping. Excellent hand grips and wrist straps. The shock system is not too spongy, nice and firm not sloppy. Carbide tips are great.

My only complaint is that the replacement rubber tips are very small. But not a deal breaker.

Very happy with the quality. Looking forward to many years of trekking with them!

Welcome to Trailspace, Kerry! Thanks for sharing a review of your BD poles. I hope you'll keep us posted on how they continue to work out for you. I'd love to see some pictures too.

Four years old and still going strong. I have had…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

Four years old and still going strong.

Pros

• Compact well
  • Shock absorber
  • Locking mec
  • Ability to 2-hand it
  • Solid wrist strap

I have had a pair of these poles for four years now and as I get farther away from 50 I use them more and more.

They break down to the length of my pack. The shock system looks like it will never wear out unlike the old Leki system. They lock up tight and you just need to tighten a small screw if not, unlike the old twist system on the old Leki.

I have also had to 2-hand these poles when sliding down an avi slope still filled with snow. The straps are wide enough so they don't cut into your wrists. If I were to improve these the only thing I would do is make the top of the handle a little larger for better palming on steep descents.

They weigh just enough so you know they're there and you're not tripping over them.

Thanks for the review, Paul. How much do these weigh?

Paul Lapierre GUIDE/OUTFITTER