Black Diamond Traverse Pole

I didn't use poles for years. I actually use one of…

Summary

I didn't use poles for years. I actually use one of the BD's and it alows me to speed through terrain that would normaly slow me down or tear my ankles up.

Pros

• Light

Cons

• Long when stowing
  • Top fixed no option for multi use

Locks each segment solid. Keeps you confident.

Really strong, reliable, cheap, versatile. What's…

Price Paid: 60$

Really strong, reliable, cheap, versatile. What's not to like? 5 years of hard use and still going strong.

Visit Black Diamond's Traverse Pole page.

Black Diamond's versatile Traverse Ski Poles are the trusty workhorses of backcountry ski touring. Durable aluminum construction takes the beating that you put on them up in the mountains. Black Diamond's FlipLock Pro system allows for quick easy adjustments and security. Large baskets and lightweight materials keep you moving quick through deep snow, and Black Diamond even designed a grip specifically for the gram-counters, to keep things light.

Aluminum Black Diamond ski poles are tough and dependable on all-day assaults. A classic workhorse adjustable pole, the Black Diamond Traverse features an all-aluminum construction to handle the beating dealt by day-in and day-out backcountry touring. FlickLock Pro adjustability offers dramatically improved clamping force in a low-profile design, and the pole's Touring Series grip and strap provide lightweight, ergonomic comfort. 16 mm (.63 in) aluminum upper with 14 mm (.55 in) aluminum lower. Touring Series grip with fluted interior for weight reduction. Touring Series strap with lightweight webbing and plastic ladder-lock buckle. Lightweight grip extension for quick, secure choke-ups. 100 mm (4 in) Powder Baskets. FlickLock Pro adjustability and security. A solid, reliable, collapsible Black Diamond pole for all purposes. Series: Touring Series. Weight Per Pair:. [95-145 cm] 585 g, 1 lb 5 oz. [105-155 cm] 600 g, 1 lb 5 oz. Usable Length:. 95-145 cm; 37-57 in. 105-155 cm; 41-61 in

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

A classic two piece ski pole for day-in and day-out performance, the Black Diamond Traverse is the go-to adjustable touring pole.

- EMS

Built for those who log 100-plus day seasons in the backcountry, the Black Diamond Traverse is a perfect blend of durability and performance features.

- Mountain Gear