Black Rock Gear Foldback Fingerless Mitt

The warmth of a mitten with the dexterity of a glove.

Summary

The warmth of a mitten with the dexterity of a glove. No more cold hands! Great for skiing, snowshoeing, and cold weather hiking/backpacking. Light as a feather.

Pros

• Warm
  • Light and compressible
  • Versatile
  • Can be worn alone or with liner glove
  • Top quality materials and construction

Cons

• Small size a bit loose (I'm petite and have small hands)

I've used my Black Rock down mittens almost daily since buying them earlier this winter. I've avoided mittens in the past due to the lack of dexterity, even though my hands would often be cold.

The "foldback" design of theses mitts lets me have it both ways. Just pull back the end of the mitt when you need your fingers. Their mittens are ultra light (1.15 oz), warm, and very compressible. If your hands get too hot, just push the mitten up around your wrist. No need to worry about dropping them or having them blow away.

Great worn alone or with light gloves underneath. Add a waterproof over mitt for stormy conditions and you have the ultimate layering system for your hands. I like to wear "tech tip" gloves under the mittens so I can peel them back and keep my hands covered while I use the touch screen on my phone for pictures and GPS apps.

Super friendly service, too!

mitts.jpg

I just started wearing a Black Rock Beanie, and I love it! On the mitts, I'm wondering if they would hold up with trekking poles?

mjidaho

I can't say for sure how they'd hold up long term, but I've been using my mitts with trekking poles with no issues so far. I agree, the Black Rock beanie is great, too!

Thanks!

Soft, comfortable, warm mittens to layer over gloves…

Summary

Soft, comfortable, warm mittens to layer over gloves or wear on their own.

Pros

• Super strong construction
  • Handmade in the USA
  • Crazy warm
  • Can layer them easily

Cons

• None!

These fit on the large side in order to enable the easy layering over gloves. Gloves are just never warm enough, but then you slip these babies on and everything changes.

Soft material, they fold down to nothing and they are light as a feather, but they do deliver in the warmth department. You can easily fold down the top half with the same hand that is wearing the mitten for ease in converting the mitten.

Roomy fit mittens can be worn on their own or as a second layer over gloves that are never as warm as these. Like little fur coats for your fingers. Solid construction and handmade in the USA by a small business.

Excellent product that I highly recommend.

Black Rock Gear Foldback Fingerless Mitt

The Black Rock Gear Foldback Fingerless Mitt is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new insulated glove/mitten, check out the best reviewed current models.