Borah Gear Side Zip Ultralight Bivy

Never leave home without it. Most backpackers have…

Price Paid: around $85

Summary

Never leave home without it.

Pros

• Light
  • Breathable
  • H2O resistant

Cons

• None

Most backpackers have a few extra pieces of gear. On one trip you might take a bigger or smaller backpack or a different tent/tarp depending on weather. Maybe a poncho one trip and a full rain suit another. But what gear goes on every trip?

My Borah bivy is one of those!! I have the side zip extra wide bivy made out of very breathable argon90. The extra wide Borah bivy will hold me, my 30-degree ZPacks extra wide down sleeping bag, and my inflatable sleeping pad (I'm 5'9" 200 lbs).

Have used it alone pitched on a piece of tyvek, on hot nights slept in it on top of my sleeping bag, rainy nights put it over my down bag for extra rain protection under my tarp, cold nights used it over my 30-degree bag for extra warmth, have been down to 22° and slept great.

Had my Borah bivy for over five years and used it mainly in the Smokes. For 7 ounces this is one versatile piece of gear. I think I paid around $85 for for my Borah bivy—money well spent.

I NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT, THANKS.
11722086_1599660580285298_15652515310134