Bridgedale Bamboo Lo

A very soft, comfortable, reasonably hard-wearing…

Summary

A very soft, comfortable, reasonably hard-wearing sock that keeps feet cool and dry. Overall a good product, which can be found for a reasonable price.

Pros

• Soft fabric
  • Good cushion
  • Appears durable so far
  • Keeps feet cool and dry
  • No apparent odour issues after 1-2 days
  • Well designed as far as socks go

Cons

• Expensive when not on sale

According to Bridgedale, the fiber content is:

• 43% Coolmax / polyester
  • 29% Viscose from Bamboo
  • 27% Nylon / polyamide
  • 1% Lycra / elastane

Which is not all that dissimilar from other sport or hiking socks except for the bamboo yarn. To be honest, I don't know how much of an impact the bamboo content has. The material does feel soft and is very comfortable, and even though I am not prone to particularly smelly feet, I did notice that they remained reasonably scent free after 1-2 days hiking.

As far as socks go, and like most Bridgedale socks, they are well designed, with good cushioning and a very comfortable fit without being tight around the ankles or uncomfortable at the toes.

They are a warmer weather sock and do manage to help your feet stay dry (no better than most Coolmax socks I have used though), ideally a 3-season sock, but being low-cut I save them for shorts-weather.

After a good deal of miles and a few wash cycles, they don't show any signs of wear. Though this level of durability appears to be common in mixed fibre socks. They are certainly much more durable than any merino socks I have used.

The downside, like with most socks targeted at the hiking market is that they are (in my opinion) a little too expensive. Thankfully I have been able to find these on sale on multiple occasions, and for under $10 a pair, while still expensive, I can manage to part with my money for them.