Bridgedale Endurance Summit

I purchased a mid-weight and heavyweight pair of Bridgedale…

Materials: merino wool/synthetic blend
Use: four season/heavy hiking
Break-in Period: none
Weight: negligible

I purchased a mid-weight and heavyweight pair of Bridgedale socks because I had heard so many good things about the brand. This is the heavyweight, which I would wear as an alternative to the thick Smartwool socks I use for heavy hiking and four-season trips.

the sock is a blend of merino wool and synthetic. it is a surprisingly warm, high-volume sock - it feels thicker and warmer than it looks and is definitely suitable for the coldest conditions you could encounter. Like any merino sock, it is soft (not scratchy) and does a good job keeping your feet warm, dry, and comfortable, even with heavy exertion and sweat.

The sock has different thicknesses of material depending on location; heel, toe, and bottom are more padded, whereas there is less padding on top of the foot. Too early to opine on how they wear in the very long term, but I have been wearing them on an accelerated basis, meaning a lot of days and more washings than normal, to see how they will do. So far, the are wearing well, just a few exterior pills that are common for merino socks.

I'm very happy with these - one of the best brands out there.