Features Includes 3 AAA batteries, Five light modes, Emergency flash mode, and Red LED to maintain night vision.

GOOD: The LED lamp has 1 red LED and 3 white LEDs…

GOOD: The LED lamp has 1 red LED and 3 white LEDs 4 position: 1) red 2) low 3) medium 4) high. It is simple and works well and very affordable.

BAD: I almost sent the unit back, like the previous reviewer, because the switch didn't work. After visiting the Brunton website, it became clear that you have to hold the On-switch for a few moments to illuminate the headlamp. That's a safety feature to prevent accidentally having the lamp turn-on while in your pack.

But, there is no documentation in the product packaging, so be aware.

Got this headlamp as a gift. Never used it and it…

Price Paid: Gift

Got this headlamp as a gift. Never used it and it does not work. It worked when I first put the batteries in and tested it. A few weeks later I was packing for a hike and it didn't work at all. I checked the batteries and all 3 aaa batteries were good but the light will not turn on. I hope to contact Brunton for a new light...I'll let you know how that goes.