Features Includes 3 AAA batteries, Five light modes, Emergency flash mode, and Red LED to maintain night vision.

GOOD: The LED lamp has 1 red LED and 3 white LEDs…

GOOD: The LED lamp has 1 red LED and 3 white LEDs 4 position: 1) red 2) low 3) medium 4) high. It is simple and works well and very affordable.

BAD: I almost sent the unit back, like the previous reviewer, because the switch didn't work. After visiting the Brunton website, it became clear that you have to hold the On-switch for a few moments to illuminate the headlamp. That's a safety feature to prevent accidentally having the lamp turn-on while in your pack.

But, there is no documentation in the product packaging, so be aware.

Got this headlamp as a gift. Never used it and it…

Price Paid: Gift

Got this headlamp as a gift. Never used it and it does not work. It worked when I first put the batteries in and tested it. A few weeks later I was packing for a hike and it didn't work at all. I checked the batteries and all 3 aaa batteries were good but the light will not turn on. I hope to contact Brunton for a new light...I'll let you know how that goes.

Brunton RL4 LED

The Brunton RL4 LED is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 1, 2012 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new headlamp, check out the best reviewed current models.

Gregory Citro 25 Review