Brunton Talon Butane Stove

Great little stove. Weighs about 3 ounces and folds…

Great little stove. Weighs about 3 ounces and folds up very small. It can fit inside of my small cookset. Simple design, fairly good simmer control. Easy to use.

It is rather loud, but that doesn't bother me and the performance is worth it. My boyfriend went backpacking with me and he said "I didn't know they had an airstrip out here for jets to take off." But, it shut him up when it boiled 2 cups of water under 2min 30sec at 8,000ft.

Very impressive how fast it boils. You won't go through the fuel, that's for sure.

This is a great little stove, lightweight weighing…

This is a great little stove, lightweight weighing only ounces. It is compact, folding to just a little bigger than a BIC lighter.

The Talon will boil a half a liter of water in around 3-minutes.

I bought mine for around $27, just a couple bucks more than the Walmart variety stove, and much cooler.

Light and inexpensive. This stove has worked well…

Light and inexpensive. This stove has worked well for me for 2 years now. It is compact and lighter than most stoves on the market (just at 3 ounces). It boils water fast as well (about 5 minutes to boil 2 cups). On a recent trip to Cumberland Island, I noticed it boiled water a bit faster than all the other 7 stoves on the trip (much faster than some).

Its light weight and compact design make it a perfect fit inside of either of my backpacking cook sets.

The only drawback that has been pointed out to me was by my fellow backpackers on Cumberland Island. They all said that it was loud. After as much use as I have gotten out of this stove, I don't see that as a great problem.

If you've owned or used a Brunton Talon Butane Stove, please share your experience.

Brunton Talon Butane Stove

The Talon Butane Stove has been discontinued.

The Brunton Talon Butane Stove is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 4, 2011 at Vargo Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new compressed fuel canister stove, check out the best reviewed current models.