Buck Diamondback Guide Knife

I have a Buck Diamondback Guide with guthook. The…

Price Paid: Christmas Gift

I have a Buck Diamondback Guide with guthook. The one I have was made 6/06. This knife was only in production from 2006- 2008 then Buck discontinued it and brought out the Buck Maxlite.

My Diamondback Guide with guthook has been a great knife. I use it for squirrel and deer, turkey hunting. I got this knife as a Christmas gift from my neighbor who is a retired postal employee. Even though the Diamondback is stamped china it is still made to Buck specs and is made out of the 420 HC steel which will get razor sharp when usuing a combanation sharpening stone.

I also have the Maxlite skinning knife that took the place of the Diamondback the Maxlite is made in the usa in post falls idaho @ the Buck factory. Besides having a Case folding hunter that I use for hunting I also use my Buck knives when hunting all the time. Or i carry one or two just walking in the woods.

My Buck knives have served me well when hunting and I would reccomend the Buck brand to anyone who is thinking about hunting or just carrying a good everyday knife like a Buck 503 prince or the 501 squire.

Matt Ehrenberg