Buck Mini Buck

A small lightweight American made knife that holds…

Price Paid: Under $20

Summary

A small lightweight American made knife that holds an edge.

Pros

• Very light, weighs (.6 ounces)
  • Compact

Cons

• May be too small for some uses

This little Buck Knife is perfect for my camping and backpacking needs. I had been looking for a good quality small knife that was lightweight yet didn't feel flimsy. I didn't want to spend too much because, let's face it, this is just a utilitarian item and not some fun and fancy gadget. It weighs in at .6 ounces and is just right for cutting rope and cordage. It measures 4.7 inches in the open position and the blade has just over 1.5 inches of sharpened edge.

The steel is very good quality and holds an edge. The locking mechanism is positive and the pivot isn't loose or flimsy feeling. I paid under $20 for this knife and feel like it is a really good value, since it is American made.  It isn't often that I even have the option to support American workers.

This is a photo of my little knife placed on a credit card sized ID badge so you can see how compact this knife is.  I used to carry a much larger pocket knife that was just overkill. I'm not out in the woods needing to fight off predators or skin animals, so this has never left me regretting my decision.

The only time I carry any other knife is for filleting fish, but that is typically while I'm paddling my kayak and weight and pack size is not nearly as much of an issue. Also, if you are wanting something to cut things like summer sausage or larger pieces of meat, then you may want to look at something with a longer blade.

Picture-753.jpg

With the mini Buck with attaching keychain from Buck Knives, it doesn't get any easier to carry a high quality pocket knife with you at all times. A small but highly durable blade will ensure that every job is done right. Plus, with the key chain attachment you never have to worry about misplacing your new Mini Buck, you'll always have it close by. PRODUCT FEATURES: Blade Length: 1 7/8" (4.8 cm); Closed Lenth: 2 7/8" (7.3 cm) Blade Material: 420HC steel Handle Material: Valox Blade Thickness: 0.082" Weight: 1 .0 oz. (28.3 g)

- Appalachian Outdoors